So i know both of these amps are pretty loud, but which one has the most clean headroom. I play medium club/pub sized gigs so i dont want them to break up too easily.
I don't know which will have the most but for pub sized gigs both should be fine for clean headroom.

The real answer is to try them and ask if you can push the volume and see for yourself.
Hot Rod has more clean headroom, but abysmal distortion
Actually called Mark!

Quote by TNfootballfan62
People with a duck for their avatar always give good advice.

...it's a seagull

Quote by Dave_Mc
i wanna see a clip of a recto buying some groceries.

stuffmycatswatchontv.tumblr.com
The Hot Rod's a nicely clean amp, but the AC30 will get you better overdrive, and some prefer the Voxy clean to Fender clean too, so try them both out.
"Breathe, breathe in the air
Don't be afraid to care"

Fender Strat/Tokai LS80>few pedals>Orange Rocker 30
Both amps have ample clean headroom for medium/pub-sized gigs, but the AC30CC1 is the significantly superior piece of equipment.
You Don't Need a halfstack.

You Don't Need 100W.

Quote by jj1565
i love you slats.
Both have plenty of headroom. The AC30 is a much better amp all-around, except for the reverb. You can replace the reverb pan in the AC30 pretty easily to make the reverb better.
Cool, thanks. I've got a DS-1 and a TS-9 for distortion and overdrive so i don't think the Hot Rod's gain channel will bother me.

I've tried the hot rod and loved the clean, but wasn't allowed to crank it. but i can't try the the vox as there are no shops where i live that have one. I've only heard what they sound like on youtube :S.
I realize the amps are comparably priced in the UK, but you should know that the Vox sells for almost twice as much as the Fender in the US. The Hot Rod is Fender's entry level gigging amp, while the Vox is an upper level amplifier. I'd never be choosing between a HRD and an AC30. The Super Reverb, Bassman, or Vibrolux are more in line with the value of the Vox.

Just something to consider.
You Don't Need a halfstack.

You Don't Need 100W.

Quote by jj1565
i love you slats.
the AC30 kicks it tonewise, but I think that the fender has more headroom.
Call me Wes.
Gear:
Fender American Deluxe HSS Strat
Chicago Blues Box Roadhouse
Bad Cat Cougar 5
1957 Gibson GA-5
Ceriatone 18w TMB Combo
Hughes & Kettner Tube Factor
Various Ibanez TS9s
Weber MASS Attenuator
Quote by Sway!
Cool, thanks. I've got a DS-1 and a TS-9 for distortion and overdrive so i don't think the Hot Rod's gain channel will bother me.

I've tried the hot rod and loved the clean, but wasn't allowed to crank it. but i can't try the the vox as there are no shops where i live that have one. I've only heard what they sound like on youtube :S.

So what if you've got some pedals, that won't make up for the fact that the AC30 has superior overdrive and great cleans, instead of just great cleans.
"Breathe, breathe in the air
Don't be afraid to care"

Fender Strat/Tokai LS80>few pedals>Orange Rocker 30