I dont get the concept of how Modes sound different. They are pretty much the same notes as some other scales. Could I get some advice on how to recognize the different sounds you can make with the same notes?

This has also made me fear going towards the minor scale... as it is the same damn notes of the major scale. Haha. Sorry If I couldnt be a bit more clearer.
Go onto youtube and type in "dave weiner" look on his ccount, the three most recent ones are looking at the modes and he'll be going through them all for a good few weeks, every wednesday there's a new one, it's helping me.
Modes are exactly the same notes as the scale that they're taken from (hence there are seven modes). The difference is that each mode starts on a different note within the scale, so the modes of C major are:

C D E F G A B
D E F G A B C
E F G A B C D
etc...

Hope this helps :-)
They're all the same notes yeah, but it's their relationship to the root that changes how you hear them. If you play the C major scale over a Dminor you'll hear the Dorian and so on for every note in the key of C.
Quote by simon_g
Modes are exactly the same notes as the scale that they're taken from (hence there are seven modes). The difference is that each mode starts on a different note within the scale, so the modes of C major are:

C D E F G A B
D E F G A B C
E F G A B C D
etc...

Hope this helps :-)

Not so. The three scales above are C major (ionian mode) D Dorian mode, E Phrygian mode. Or they could all be C major starting on different notes. Just starting on a different note does not change the scale.