Hey UG,
I just found out that one of my relatives has decided to buy me a cheap guitar :S. It's a slim Squier Strat. I know it's not up to all you UK & US player's standards but here guitars are very expensive, the Fenders start at 700 USD and that's a kids guitar. Anyways it's SSS and i like humbuckers, so my question is are the single slot humbuckers any good? And i'm worried that if they're ceramic i might destroy my amps.... Anyways if you have any ideas please post. The only ones available are Seymore Duncans.
Oh and please try to keep the price down if you're suggesting something. The pickups start at about 125 USD so i'd like to keep the price down since i make very little each month....
Guitars:
1994 Epiphone Explorer
1997 Epiphone Les Paul
Tech side:
Blackheart BH5H Little Giant
Rat DeuceTone
EH Knockout
G Lab Wowhee Wah
Quote by Megallica666
i dont think anything is going to destroy your amp.

Well i read somewhere that high output pickups will screw up your amp.
screwed up amp=dead amp to me
Guitars:
1994 Epiphone Explorer
1997 Epiphone Les Paul
Tech side:
Rat DeuceTone
EH Knockout
G Lab Wowhee Wah
Quote by Simonwalker
Well i read somewhere that high output pickups will screw up your amp.
screwed up amp=dead amp to me

The strats stock ceramic pickups aren't high ouput, tho.
Let me tell you about heartache and the loss of god
Wandering, wandering in hopeless night
Out here in the perimeter there are no stars

Out here we is stoned
Immaculate.
i'm talking about swaping a Single coil for a single slot humbucker and a lot of those are ceramic.... Seymor Duncan pickup
Guitars:
1994 Epiphone Explorer
1997 Epiphone Les Paul
Tech side:
Rat DeuceTone
EH Knockout
G Lab Wowhee Wah
You're in luck, Seymour Duncan makes hotrails that fit in a single coil slot. It's a little dual rail humbucker that is single coil sized. Go to Seymour Duncan's website and have a look.
Gear:
Dean MS STD V w/ Dimebucker
Dean ML '79
Jackson DKMGT
Randall RG75
Peavey Bandit 112
Boss NS-2
Are they good?
Guitars:
1994 Epiphone Explorer
1997 Epiphone Les Paul
Tech side:
Rat DeuceTone
EH Knockout
G Lab Wowhee Wah
Some say they sound like crap, but Tom Morello has one in his guitar. It's up to you, if you really want to stay SSS, then it's your only option. Your Strat probably is routed HSS, and you can get a new pickguard that's HSS, and a full size humbucker. It's up to you.
Gear:
Dean MS STD V w/ Dimebucker
Dean ML '79
Jackson DKMGT
Randall RG75
Peavey Bandit 112
Boss NS-2
Actualy that might be a good idea since they ship here for 11bucks a piece. Does guitar fetish make single slot humbuckers. And no it's now routed HSS it's SSS and the fact that Tom Morello plays one makes a great change in my planing. I love that guy. (in a non-homosexual way)
Guitars:
1994 Epiphone Explorer
1997 Epiphone Les Paul
Tech side:
Rat DeuceTone
EH Knockout
G Lab Wowhee Wah
Quote by Simonwalker
Actualy that might be a good idea since they ship here for 11bucks a piece. Does guitar fetish make single slot humbuckers. And no it's now routed HSS it's SSS and the fact that Tom Morello plays one makes a great change in my planing. I love that guy. (in a non-homosexual way)

Yeah they've got the rail pickups you're looking for.