I just bought a metallic black RR1, and to any of you who would know, how much do you think it would cost to get it painted? I'd want to turn the whole body into the color snow white, with black pinstipes going along the sides. You know how they look. It'd only be the body being painted, the pickguard, binding and front of the headstock would all be left the same way there are now.

Also, Dont post things like "go to your guitar shop and ask them". I can and I will when i have the money, but for now It's easier to ask it here than it is to drive all the way down there to ask them a question.

Thanks

that into this

Was it polemically sent,
I Wanna know what you meant
I Wanna know,
Last edited by LastCaress88 at Mar 13, 2008,
How about picking up the phone and calling them? Save you the trip and prevents a ton of idiots answering the question.....im sure they can give you an estimate.
- - Dave - -

Gear:

ESP LTD EC-1000 Amber Sunburst w/Duncans
Roland 20W Cube Amp

Want:
New tube amp.....
Because I cant explain it over the phone, really. It's kind of hard to say "turn my black guitar white, but dont paint on the pickguard or the binding". It's not a Guitar Center either, it's a local based shop so chances are if I called them, the person working prabobly wouldnt know without having to ask the manager or the person who would actually be the one painting, and I highly doubt they'd recogize the guitar I'd be talking about.

Anyone thats gotten their guitar re-painted before, works at a shop, or just knows about this, your help would be great
Was it polemically sent,
I Wanna know,
You need to do more research before wanting to have your guitar painted. Obviously you want someone else to do it and yes they will know what you are talking about. They'll have to sand down the body (yes that means taking off your pickguard, pickups, all electronics, bridge, etc until its only the wood) until the wood grain is showing then paint it white, add the stripes then a whole buncha clear coat layers. Definitely not a do it over the weekend kind of job but shouldnt take too long. Also if you want the body to be white but leave the back of the neck black I think it'll look bad but thats my opinion.
2003 Music Man Axis Pacific Blue Burst
ive wanted my black RR1 painted, but the thought of it being sanded down and stripped apart makes me shudder
Vikings? What Vikings? We are but poor, simple farmers. The village was burning when we got here, and the people must have slain themselves.
DSOTM80 - haha no, the neck would be painted white too, it'd look horrible if it was still black. I figured they'd need to go through all of that, but I'm not sure if i'd go through with it. I dont like the idea of someone doing all that, I'd want to know that they are REALLY experienced with that type of stuff before they touch my guitar.
Was it polemically sent,
I Wanna know,
Stripping and painting a guitar isnt cheap. Couple hundred at least more work they do more it will cost.
Honestly, I think you're insane for buying a black RR1 and right away want someone to strip it and paint it white with pinstripes. You would probably be better off selling it and going Jackson custom shop.
Quote by LastCaress88
DSOTM80 - haha no, the neck would be painted white too, it'd look horrible if it was still black. I figured they'd need to go through all of that, but I'm not sure if i'd go through with it. I dont like the idea of someone doing all that, I'd want to know that they are REALLY experienced with that type of stuff before they touch my guitar.

A regular guitar shop will not do this type of job for you, you need to go somewhere where they paint guitars and other things. They'll disassemble it and paint it for you. Except at least $300 probably more. To sand down the body and neck especially will take some work. Ask a good local guitar shop where you can get yours painted. I asked the guy in the repair shop at my local music store, I know him pretty well now and he gave me the number of this guy they nicknamed the "Painting Priest" cause he's religious or something I dunno lol and for an unfinished new Strat shaped body it was $125 for 1 color paint job. So to sand both neck and body and do it right you're looking at quite a bit more. Might be better to just get a new axe man in the long run unless you absolutely LOVE this one!
2003 Music Man Axis Pacific Blue Burst