Hey... I am new to playing i have only been playing for like 3 monthes... Here is the question: How do I do an " EM " chord.. they are in almost all of Taylor Swift's songs and I don't know how to do it... PLEASE HELP!! thx!!
*york*
I believe your referring to a e minor chord which is just the a and d strings fretted at the 2nd fret or the b and e at the 2nd fret and you play he e,a,and d strings with those fretted and you have a e minor chord
Quote by jlpounds2001
I believe your referring to a e minor chord which is just the a and d strings fretted at the 2nd fret or the b and e at the 2nd fret and you play he e,a,and d strings with those fretted and you have a e minor chord

that is confusing...lol
*york*
i used a little theory in there but the 022000 should explain it thats just the names of the notes i used, open e then b is the note you use on the a string and e is the note on the d string and play all 3 at the same time and thats a e minor
First off, in chord notation, a capital 'M' denotes major. So EM would be E major. Id say though that its a typo and E minor is the chord you're looking for.
As has been said above, 022000 is correct and is a very common voicing. There are many others though. Heres a few more.

-7-7-0-0-0-12-
-8-8-0-0-8-12-
-9-9-0-0-9-12-
-9-x-x-5-9-14-
-7-x-x-2-7-14-
-0-x-0-0-0-12-