Am I right in thinking that pickups are rated in ohms. And so the greater the resistance measured, the hotter the pickup? Could anyone tell me where i'd measure across to try and guage my current pickups? They're the old stock Jackson Duncan Designed ones so theres not a lot of info around about them.

Cheers
ABBA
You need a multimeter and take the red lead and touch it to the hot wire from the pick up and the black lead to the ground wire from the pick up.
YA GOTTA HIT IT ON THE ONE
pics of gear updated on profile 11/16/09
Cool my time machine worked.
I went back in time and answered your question before you asked it.
I will start the bidding on the machine at ( holds pinky up to mouth) $100,000,000.00
Quote by GOLDIE93
Cool my time machine worked.
I went back in time and answered your question before you asked it.
I will start the bidding on the machine at ( holds pinky up to mouth) $100,000,000.00

Cunning.
Quote by zero_wing
Am I right in thinking that pickups are rated in ohms. And so the greater the resistance measured, the hotter the pickup? Could anyone tell me where i'd measure across to try and guage my current pickups? They're the old stock Jackson Duncan Designed ones so theres not a lot of info around about them.

Cheers

not really.

The output is measured in millivolts, and will vary depending on how close the strings are, how hard you hit them etc. The resistance affects the output but it doesn't specifically indicate what it is.
Actually called Mark!

Quote by TNfootballfan62
People with a duck for their avatar always give good advice.

...it's a seagull

Quote by Dave_Mc
i wanna see a clip of a recto buying some groceries.

stuffmycatswatchontv.tumblr.com
Quote by SomeoneYouKnew
Apparently I broke UG.

You may have broke it, but I bent it over the table and made it my B*TCH