I am trading in my marshall MG30DFX because it is crap and want to get either of these 2 amps. I play rock/indie/metal

Quote by Spoonman69
Rap is music,far better than metal for example. id much rather hear about hoes and anal sex than dragons and supressed homosexuality.
Vox definately. but try it out first, b/c the gain you want might not be all there. Maybe look at the XL model, as it has more hi-gain models on it.
Go for the Vox. As an AD60 owner, I cannot recommend the AD series highly enough. They've got all the gain you need.

And for what it's worth, I personally hated the XL series when I tried them (the 30, 50, and 100), they sound a lot like Spiders, albeit a bit less digital.
if you want a good practise/bedside amp, i would get the Spider but again, thats just my opinion. go test them both out and see what you prefer
I have a VOX AD30VT and I highly recommend them if you're looking for a bedroom practice amp. You can adjust the wattage output on them so you can play at lower volumes without sacrificing tone.
I bought a VOX today, what does that tell ya?

*waits for someone to post*
"tells me yer dumb?"

Love beating the haters...
Quote by strings-N-stuff
You my friend, need to get laid

Dude, any more and it's gonna fall off. It actually put in for vacation time!

Still get the VOX (in a box).
i have a Spider III. I like it but i tried a Vox AD30VT out this last weekend and it is amazing.

Definatly go with the Vox.
Quote by StreetLight3989
Whatever but if I was to rate the austinaracadium he gets a 10.

My Gear

Stagg S350-MRD
Epiphone LP-100
Yamaha F325
Line 6 Spider 3
Peavey Rage158 (for sale)
Crate Palomino V8
DigiTech RP250(for sale)
MXR M-86
The Spider III is definitely easier to use and has a better high-gain tone, but the Vox is better at everything else, especially regarding cleans and the multiple effects.

╠═══════╬═══════╣

Solder fume huffer σƒ τλε τρπ βπστλεπλσσδ

╠═══════╬═══════╣

Electronic Audio Experiments
The VOX is far superior to the Line 6 Spider III, ask me, I've tried them both many times because I own a AD30VT and I know one who has the Line 6. The Spider III is not as bad as many says, though.
Vox. I'm playing the Vox AD50VT-212 right now and love it. I'm looking for a decent stack when I have enough money but for now it works just fine until I get some gigs... and a band. It's really versatile and nowhere near as digital sounding as the Spider. I don't, however, think the Spider is the worst amp made, like some people on here do. I was strongly considering one before I heard about Vox.
Jackson DKMG with Dimarzio Evo2's
Squier Strat

Vox AD50VT-212

Schecter Stilletto Elite-4

Acoustic B200

Change of Season

fuzzyDXMG=GREAT buyer/trader, easy to deal with.
I like the Line 6 better because I tried one out at Guitar Center a few days ago and they sounded pretty good.
Vox = Quality awesomeness

Line 6 = crappy digital "meh" box for kids who wanna be shreders
Moved.

Also I dunno whats up with the post order. Some kinda glitch.

"A wise man once said, never discuss philosophy or politics in a disco environment." - Frank Zappa
Quote by Jinskee
Don't question the X.
<Frenchy> I'm such a failure