Page 1 of 2
just wondering who played the Les Paul guitar??
I need to know the significant guitar players who used the Les Paul.
I also need to know other guitarist who used the Les Paul including you.

Reason: someone told me there are a few famous guitarist who plays the les paul and few bands the uses them.
Im coming from the classical world so please don't flame me..
Last edited by Beyond Acoustic at Mar 14, 2008,
Do you mean which artists use them as their main guitar or do you mean who is Les Paul
Les Paul the man is a guitar player/inventor who designed the guitar that has his name on it If I remember correctly it was the first solid body archtop electric. I believe he also created multi track recording among other things. Check him out on youtube.
Now if you are talking about which artists use them We don't have enough space to list them all.
YA GOTTA HIT IT ON THE ONE
pics of gear updated on profile 11/16/09
The most iconic users are probably Jimmy Page of Led Zeppelin, Slash of Guns n' Roses, and Zakk Wylde of Ozzy Osbourne. Of course, there are tons of other guys using Les Pauls, but those three really strike me as the Iconic Les Paul players.
Fender MIA Telecaster with DiMarzio noiseless single coils
-Fulltone OCD
-Ibanez Analog Delay
-Dunlop Crybaby Wah
Fender Blues Junior
Fender MIM Jazz Bass with Noiseless pickups
Mesa Walkabout
Epiphone AC200SCE Acoustic
wikipedia
Quote by Moggan13
Serjem is like a Bishops testicals: Swollen
ಠ_ಠ
IIIIfb * KARKOLI * ytIIII(mostly rock... a little funky, a little hard just the way you want it )
Eric Clapton...Jimmy Page...Joe Walsh...Slash...Justin/Dan Hawkins...Randy Rhoads...Peter Frampton...can't think of anymore, but there are a lot of people...Les Paul.
High as tits
@Suicidal_Birck: Eric Clapton used a Les Paul? For a notable amount of time? I can only picture him playing an SG and a Strat...

Gary Richrath from REO Speedwagon played a Les Paul, I believe someone in Fleetwood Mac did, too, but I couldn't tell you who.
Quote by Habit Zero
@Suicidal_Birck: Eric Clapton used a Les Paul? For a notable amount of time? I can only picture him playing an SG and a Strat...

Gary Richrath from REO Speedwagon played a Les Paul, I believe someone in Fleetwood Mac did, too, but I couldn't tell you who.

Bluesbreakers man, the Bluesbreakers.

Before Cream, he used a Les Paul with Marshalls
He used Gibsons exclusively before switching to Strats exclusively.

He played first a Les Paul with the Blues Breakers, and with Cream he played his Les Paul, SG, and ES-335.

Habit Zero:

High as tits
Last edited by Suicidal_Brick at Mar 13, 2008,
I do, I play the Epiphone Les Paul Ultra. Check out some of my pictures of it in my profile.
The only LP I really like are the SG's.. but somehow I'm still a fender kinda guy with a soft spot for the LP's
Joe Perry
Guitars
1998 Gibson Les Paul Standard
1992 Ibanez RG550
Amplifier
1978 Marshall JMP 2203
Quote by AxeWar
The only LP I really like are the SG's.. but somehow I'm still a fender kinda guy with a soft spot for the LP's

Dude, LPs are Les Pauls, SG is a total other guitar. But they're both Gibsons though.
Originally Posted by Devon8822
No!! Stop Now, Plugging More Than One Pedal In At A Time Could Be A Disaster.... Your Guitar Will Explode And Kill Your Band.

Quote by KrustyD3mons
thanks man

^To me

My gear:
Ibanez RG370DX
Roland Cube 30
Quote by fatboythin
Dude, LPs are Les Pauls, SG is a total other guitar. But they're both Gibsons though.

When the SG first came out it was called a LesPaul not SG
Les Paul did not like them and asked them to take his name off of them so they started calling them SGs afterwards.
Quote by GOLDIE93
When the SG first came out it was called a LesPaul not SG
Les Paul did not like them and asked them to take his name off of them so they started calling them SGs afterwards.

I'm aware of that fact man. I'm just saying that the guy above is confused between a "LP" and a "Gibson", thats all.
Originally Posted by Devon8822
No!! Stop Now, Plugging More Than One Pedal In At A Time Could Be A Disaster.... Your Guitar Will Explode And Kill Your Band.

Quote by KrustyD3mons
thanks man

^To me

My gear:
Ibanez RG370DX
Roland Cube 30
Jimi Hendrix had a black right-handed les paul custom. a lot of bands have guitarists that use les pauls. the guitar itself is a rock icon.
Join the Palomino Players Guild!
Guitars:
Schecter C1 Hellraiser FR (18v mod; Big Block, D-Tuna)
1975 Les Paul Custom replica

Amps:
Orange Dual Terror Head
B-52 AT 212 - might sell this
Palomino V16...dead
Quote by fatboythin
I'm aware of that fact man. I'm just saying that the guy above is confused between a "LP" and a "Gibson", thats all.

Yeah sorry. I just reread his post I misread what he said the first time.
No worries!!!!
Gary Moore can play a bit on the Les Paul, some tone, Joe Bonamassa more recently is worth checking out, especially live
in that case here you go
Slash / Ace Frehley / Zakk Wylde / Peter Frampton / Rhandy Rhoads/ Jimmy Page / Gilbey Clarke / Mike Nesmith / Billy Duffy/ Duane Alman / Guy from Motorhead / Tom Keifer/ Neil Young / Steve Stevens / Buckethead / Pete Townsend/ and of course LesPaul himself
Thats all I can think of just off the top of my head but there are tons of bands that use them I just can't think of their guitarists names right now.
I play a few of em if you need any info on the guitars then PM any time I'm more than happy to help.
member #3 of the Les Paul owners club, pm Waterboy799 to join

Gibson Les Paul Std Trans Amber
Gibson Les Paul Std P90 Gold top
Gibson Les Paul 1968 Custom V.O.S.
1980 Chiquita Travel Guitar
Fender 2006 Anniversary
Ashdown Fallen Angel stack.
Thanks Suicidal Brick, I can't believe I've never seen any of those pictures :O. Would he have then played an LP on the song Steppin' Out? I'm not sure if it's by Cream or the Bluesbreakers (I have an MP3 of it that says Bluesbreakers, but the only guitar tab I found was by Cream... he gets awesome tone on the song either way ).
Carlos Santanna, Jimmy Page, Slash, Zakk Wylde, Rhandy Rhoads, Joe Perry, and thousands others.
Quote by Beyond Acoustic
do any of those guitarists play in drop d??

Slash frequently does with VR. i dont know about anyone else.
Actually 90% of GnR was dropped a half step. Adam Jones of Tool plays a LP custom in drop D too. A lot of Zakks stuff is dropped D tuned also.

Ahhh... Claptons Bluesbreaker tone... amazing. Reinvented the LP when he played with Mayall
98' 1960 Les Paul Classic
00' 57' Reissue Goldtop Les Paul
92' R0' Historic Les Paul

Mesa Boogie Dual Rectifier Trem-o-verb 2x12 combo
Mesa 2x12 Rectifier Extention cabinet
Boss GT-8
Korg DTR-1 Rackmount tuner
Sennheiser WZ-300 wireless
Quote by Beyond Acoustic
do any of those guitarists play in drop d??

why do you need to know man just get a les paul and make it your own like everybody else has dont worry about who has used it or this and that all you need to know is thats its a great guitar, and its ganna take you many places all you need is practice and a good amp
Quote by Skirvy
Many, many, many musicians. Including Les Paul himself.

It's funny, since he uses a LP Recording, widely considered to be the ****tiest Les Paul ever made.

Paul Kossoff of Free uses an LP as well. He's pretty underrated.

List of Gibson Users (Most of them have a LP in there): http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Gibson_players
Quote by Diet_coke_head
I love taking a nice dip of some horse shit, so good.
^well he is like a Jazz player or something might be shiy for rock and metal but for jazz its probly another sotry
Quote by the-kid66(2)
^well he is like a Jazz player or something might be shiy for rock and metal but for jazz its probly another sotry

True. I don't know much about the low impedance pickups/what they're good for.
Quote by Diet_coke_head
I love taking a nice dip of some horse shit, so good.
Didn't Beatles play 'ehm too?
Quote by zadzior
Sir, Awesome stuff. You have my respect!
Quote by neon-black
aw i love your song! sell it n' it would deffo be a smash!
Quote by veggiederek
this is great. you've got the words!
Quote by kiaraiswicked
... Wauw... It really paints a picture and leaves the rest up to the imagination!
Beatles used them a little bit... George Harrison was big on the SG though
98' 1960 Les Paul Classic
00' 57' Reissue Goldtop Les Paul
92' R0' Historic Les Paul

Mesa Boogie Dual Rectifier Trem-o-verb 2x12 combo
Mesa 2x12 Rectifier Extention cabinet
Boss GT-8
Korg DTR-1 Rackmount tuner
Sennheiser WZ-300 wireless
A better question is who DOESN'T play a Les Paul. I think you'd be hard pressed to find any noteable guitar player who hasn't used a Les Paul on at least one recording.
Quote by The Charm
A better question is who DOESN'T play a Les Paul. I think you'd be hard pressed to find any noteable guitar player who hasn't used a Les Paul on at least one recording.

+1

A ton of people use LP's in the studio but on the road they use other guitars. I can't think of any but I think BFMV's Padge does this, could be another band tho so don't quote me. Why they wouldn't just play them on tour confuses me, but to each his own I guess.
Page 1 of 2