I use a PC right now, but I'm saving up to buy a laptop that I plan on using mainly for recording and music. So what do you guys think would I be better off with a mac or a pc?
I'd get a Mac. They're generally a little more expensive but they are a little better for things like recording, video editing, etc.
Mac.

As much as I'd hate to say it, Macs have won the OS war (for now). The fact that you can have both OS's on your system makes it a no brainer. If you want to play games however, I would suggest going with a higher end Mac or a PC, as the Macbooks and Macbook Air's have integrated graphics.

The only thing attractive about PCs now is their price to performance ratio. Macs really really really suck at that.

Other than that, definitely get a Mac.
Proud Owner of a Fender Jazz 24 V

Private Simmons of the Red vs. Blue club. PM Fret13 to join.

Things to come:
Carvin or Trace-elliot rig
EBS Valvedrive (Newest edition )
For you, Mac. The reasons have already been established.
Wolfie, Moley, Witty, Dgmey, Grundy
Doesn't the music industry practically run on Macs these days?
Call me Callum

Current gear - 06 MIM Strat, '02 Epiphone Les Paul, Peavey Rockingham, Tanglewood TF8, BLACKSTAR★ HT-5 Combo, EHX Holy Grail, Boss DS-1, Arion SFL-1

Newcastle (and Port Vale)
Quote by Funkbass796

The only thing attractive about PCs now is their price to performance ratio. Macs really really really suck at that.

Yeah, I have noticed that. When you want to just add in an extra gig of ram or so they charge a ridiculous amount to do so. It's like they're doing you the favor. That's just what I've seen from the Apple Store anyway...
Quote by SilentDeftone
Get a refurbished Mac and save yourself some cash.

-SD

The Apple Store also gives college student discounts on certain products. I know MacBooks are discounted like $100 or so which is kinda nice.
get a mac they re pretty cool, another really cool os is ubuntu which is linux, im runing a version of it on my lapotp and you can do some crazy sh*t with it
Gear:
too much to list

Soldering iron:15 dollars
Amp kit: 500 dollars
solder: 5 dollars
Burning the crap outta your fingers: priceless
Mac
ಠ_ಠ
<|>
/ω\

Tell me what nation on this earth, was not born of tragedy-Primordial
i was like you a week ago - my pc packed up

got an iMac - it is gobsmackingly good - 100% go for it - you will never go back to pc!!
Mac. I got one recently and it's sooooooooooo much better in all the things
Quote by SomeoneYouKnew
making a windows machine look like a mac is like putting lipstick on a pig.

~We Rock Out With Our Cocks Out!: UG Naked Club.~
Quote by happytimeharry
Yeah, I have noticed that. When you want to just add in an extra gig of ram or so they charge a ridiculous amount to do so. It's like they're doing you the favor. That's just what I've seen from the Apple Store anyway...

That's why you do it via 3rd party. MUCH cheaper.
Pretty much everyone should get a Mac, unless they're a hardcore gamer. Then I say PC all the way. But, to the threadstarter, your needs are covered the best by a Mac.
To me:
Quote by crazy8rgood

In fact, I almost ALWAYS agree with YourDad.

Quote by itchy guitar
One of the best replies ever.

In the same thread

Do you love Arsis?
Quote by Fishyesque
That's why you do it via 3rd party. MUCH cheaper.

Yeah, I wanna get a MacBook Pro, but I refuse to spend 2 grand on a notebook. Do you know of any sites that sell them for a little cheaper?
Quote by Fishyesque
15" or 17"?

Well, preferably 17" but if there's like a $500-$1000 difference over 2 inches then I'll go with the smaller. (that's what she said...)
You can always eBay, but if you're looking for something a little more reliable, try a Fry's Electronics, if there's one around.
Back to the classic avatar.

Quote by KISSguitarist
You are the best writer ever Graybass. Sig me for that. But i love you! You should make a book!

Quote by Phil_Bass_Boy
Jesus christ, your avatar is the best I have seen in my life.

Quote by mh400nt
Graybass_20x6 has a better avatar than you
Quote by davedoom
i was like you a week ago - my pc packed up

got an iMac - it is gobsmackingly good - 100% go for it - you will never go back to pc!!

Unless you actually want to have a computer that has processing power... or gaming... or not over priced because wannabe musicians like to own them to be trendy?

Yah. Pretty stupid statement. Macs have their advantages, but I'd still say a PC (not for TS) dominates. To get a Mac with the power of a PC costs an arm and a leg, and then some.
Quote by happytimeharry
Well, preferably 17" but if there's like a $500-$1000 difference over 2 inches then I'll go with the smaller. (that's what she said...)

WOW, nice one. *looks for sites* The problem with Macs, is that the full computer as opposed to parts is kind of difficult to find really good savings for.
Quote by Gordita Supreme
Unless you actually want to have a computer that has processing power... or gaming... or not over priced because wannabe musicians like to own them to be trendy?

Yah. Pretty stupid statement. Macs have their advantages, but I'd still say a PC (not for TS) dominates. To get a Mac with the power of a PC costs an arm and a leg, and then some.

Money.. mere trifles. I'll take my 32GB of RAM with my Mac Pro, thank you very much!!

*spoiler- I do not actually own any Mac*