My mate is trying to argue that Myles Kennedy, of Alter Bridge, is a better singer than Freddie Mercury.
Settle this!!!!

And say how well you know them both too. Let's have Freddie win fair and square.
just tell him to drink some bleach and listen to some queen
if that doesnt fix him i dunno what will
Vikings? What Vikings? We are but poor, simple farmers. The village was burning when we got here, and the people must have slain themselves.
Quote by rizo299
Oh shi-! I smell Vs thread

its not really a vs thread as much as it is a 'Freddie walks all over the other guy' thread...

i can see where you're confused though
It's a matter of opinion. They're both fantastic singers. Myles Kennedy can sing over 4 octaves and recovered from tinnitus. Freddie had an amazing voice and is arguably one of the most influential vocalists ever. They're both good in their own way and styles. Don't try and say either is better because I don't think you could. They both made it so why bash one of them?
Quote by GodofGuitar1991
you are a real guitarist when you are not ashamed about masturbating to musicians friend magazine.
Freddie is one of the most talented singers of all time. Lets see Myles Kennedy get a title like that.
Quote by ljpfahey
My mate is trying to argue that Myles Kennedy, of Alter Bridge, is a better singer than Freddie Mercury.
Settle this!!!!

And say how well you know them both too. Let's have Freddie win fair and square.

Freddie is about as good as it gets IMO I havent heard a lot of Alter Bridge so I can tell fo sho but I know Mercury is the ****
Quote by powerhead
Mentallica, i think you just made my drive shank crank

Quote by beadhangingOne

You sir, are a true hero.

Quote by silversoulcage
Dude, seriously, you're an ass hole. That place where **** comes out, yea that's you man.
As much as i like Alter Bridge and Myles Kennedy, there's no doubt Freddy Mercury was a better singer, saying that, i wouldn't replace Myles for Freddy if that was possible.
Quote by Lukeisonfire
tool and opeth definitly dont play tube amps . You cant get those distorted sounds out of it. tube is for like beatles stuff right?

Quote by evilbeaver22
You're right, just about the only thing better than a Spider 3 is an MG : )

Quote by White_Venom1993
Claudio Sanchez.

/Thread

No really.

Look at me I'm a badass guitarist, but my vocals sound like someone connected jumper cables to my testicles!
My Gear:

Schecter Gryphon Ruby Red

Dunlop Original Crybaby
Jekyll and Hyde Ultimate Overdrive

Laney LC50
Vox AD15VT Valvetronix

My Youtube Channel, check it out!
http://www.youtube.com/user/SSnake77
once again I have to defend my statement...loz stop making forums lol, cause u know ppl will always choose Freddy over Myles just because he was in Queen.

The only comments I appreciate so fare are from 'goth clash' and 'Pete Griffin' otherwise most of u guys don’t know what ur talking about.

Forget that Freddy was in queen, and comparing voices alone, Myles wins, easy for ME. I really don’t see what is so special about Freddy's voice, its good, but nothing special! (Obviously that is my own opinion)
But I think that most people are only saying Freddy for the simple fact that he was in queen. I’m not a huge fan of queen but have heard thr stuff, but I’m a massive fan of alter bridge (I would go as far as to say that they are my fav band) but I am not bias on this (at least I don’t think I am) I am looking at this purely from a tonal perspective, and do not see why everyone thinks Freddy is better, but whatever...ppl will always say Freddy is better cause they think it makes them look cool, just like 13 yr olds went to see led zepp just because it was led zepp, even thought they don’t know any of thr songs.
Quote by SSnake77
Look at me I'm a badass guitarist, but my vocals sound like someone connected jumper cables to my testicles!

I may have to sig that
My Old Progressive Metal Band:
Acrasia
For fans of Between The Buried and Me, Dream Theater, Cynic.

My New Progressive Rock/Djent Band:
Wings Denied
For fans of Deftones, Tesseract, Periphery, Karnivool, Cynic.
Freddie is better;
1. He could belt out an entire song from start to finish with outstanding vocals showing breathing technique, and that's every song from start to finish. Myles shows good breathing too, at times, but not to Freddie's extent.
2. Not only did he sing that well, but at the same time he pronounced every word and every letter impeccably. That's a trait of a true professional singer. It's the sort of thing opera and musical singers put a lot of effort in to.
3. From listening to Myles, there seems to be a lot more room for improvisation in his singing. Whereas Queen did four part singing, i.e. there would be written vocal parts, meaning Freddie had to stick to them.
4. You might notice that Myles may repeat notes over two words or more. The vocal part is quite steady most of the time and doesn't jump all over the place. Whereas Freddie rarely uses a note twice in a row.
5. Also, bear in mind that the Queen songs are quieter than Alter Bridge's and Mayfield Four's (at least the recordings I have are), not just the singing, but the entire recording is quieter. What sounds more powerful may just be the volume of the recording.
6. And it doesn't matter that Myles overcame tinnitus. We're considering their voices as they stand. Stephen Hawking might have been a great long jumper but his disability holds him back, I don't see anyone arguing that he would be the best long jumper if only he didn't have that disability.
7. Myles may have four vocal ranges, but it doesn't mean he could execute any one of them notes as well as Freddie.
8. I also personally feel that when Myles is really belting it out it sounds like his voice is a little strained (just a little), but Freddie could Belt it out and make it sound easy.
9. And Freddie did all that he did while running and leaping around stage.

I'm not saying Myles can't sing. He's an amazing singer, but Freddie is in a completely different league. And I don't mean singing should be more like Freddie's, Myles' singing suits the music.
I'm siding with Myles Kennedy on this. I'm a massive Queen fan, but I just think Myles is better.

Flame me, I couldn't care less.
Quote by imdeth
This man deserves my +1

+1

Quote by denizenz
Go in peace my son, and teach to the pit dwellers what I have shown unto you.

ಠ_ಠ

XBL: huffy409
Freddie Mercury FTW.
Quote by Rengori
If you haven't noticed, girls pants magically fly off when you play Hey There Delilah.

Quote by AAAAAAAAAARGH
Maybe the Canadians shouldn't try to illegally cross into the sea.

Never thought of...

I fail.
OMFG AN OPINION!

RUN!

Populus vult decipi. Decipiatur.

Quote by Mistress_Ibanez
It's can be a contraction and genitive case.

Quote by Mistress_Ibanez
If you cut down on these costs students won't learn so well, effecting the "quality"...
Both are wonderful singers but I still say Freddie....I'm going to go listen to Queen now...
Quote by Fat Lard
Why would you spend tens of thousands of dollars to learn about a language you already speak? It was over before it even started dude

Quote by captainsnazz
brot pls
No it is simply fact that Freddie is better. I've stated my case, if no else has anything to challenge it then accept, Freddie is best.
loz it dnt matter how many ppl u get to say "freedie is better" to me myles will always be better. and i must agree with the whole singing from a music sheet thing, freddie is very controled whereas myles sings with true passion...something that cannot be controlled!!!!

and to piss u off abit more, hav u done ms hopes essay for 2morow????
Quote by ljpfahey
Freddie is better;
1. He could belt out an entire song from start to finish with outstanding vocals showing breathing technique, and that's every song from start to finish. Myles shows good breathing too, at times, but not to Freddie's extent.
2. Not only did he sing that well, but at the same time he pronounced every word and every letter impeccably. That's a trait of a true professional singer. It's the sort of thing opera and musical singers put a lot of effort in to.
3. From listening to Myles, there seems to be a lot more room for improvisation in his singing. Whereas Queen did four part singing, i.e. there would be written vocal parts, meaning Freddie had to stick to them.
4. You might notice that Myles may repeat notes over two words or more. The vocal part is quite steady most of the time and doesn't jump all over the place. Whereas Freddie rarely uses a note twice in a row.
5. Also, bear in mind that the Queen songs are quieter than Alter Bridge's and Mayfield Four's (at least the recordings I have are), not just the singing, but the entire recording is quieter. What sounds more powerful may just be the volume of the recording.
6. And it doesn't matter that Myles overcame tinnitus. We're considering their voices as they stand. Stephen Hawking might have been a great long jumper but his disability holds him back, I don't see anyone arguing that he would be the best long jumper if only he didn't have that disability.
7. Myles may have four vocal ranges, but it doesn't mean he could execute any one of them notes as well as Freddie.
8. I also personally feel that when Myles is really belting it out it sounds like his voice is a little strained (just a little), but Freddie could Belt it out and make it sound easy.
9. And Freddie did all that he did while running and leaping around stage.

I'm not saying Myles can't sing. He's an amazing singer, but Freddie is in a completely different league. And I don't mean singing should be more like Freddie's, Myles' singing suits the music.

And a Jan 2008'er wins the thread.
Quote by Ichikurosaki
sloth is hacking away feebly at the grass because he is a sloth but he was trying so hard ;_; hes all "penguin im HERE i am here to help you penguin"
Freddie.

/Thread
:
Quote by malachifivebass
you cant make a male musician choose music or sex, its like asking a fat man twinkie or brownie

Quote by iamnotrabid
Quote by metdethslaythrx
Naomi
it's "I moan" backwards
No, it's I maon.

Phail

I WILL one day rule the world, Pm me with the position you want and Ill see if it is open.
Quote by goth clash
It's a matter of opinion. They're both fantastic singers. Myles Kennedy can sing over 4 octaves and recovered from tinnitus. Freddie had an amazing voice and is arguably one of the most influential vocalists ever. They're both good in their own way and styles. Don't try and say either is better because I don't think you could. They both made it so why bash one of them?

Freddie had a vocal range of 4 and a HALF octaves, no joke. AND he had vocal fold nodules, polyps on your vocal chords that impair your vocal range. Freddie is the sl-lit, I love Queen.