My guitar vibrates when i strum or pick a little hard. Is this normal or do i need adjust something?
lawl
SG COMMANDO #2041

Guitar:

1967 Gibson SG Jr.
Epiphone Dot
Epiphone MM-30E

Amp
Fender Blues Jr. NOS (tweed, bitches)
Pedals

Modded TS9
Cusack Screamer Fuzz V2
Mid-Fi Pitch Pirate
Line 6 DL4
I don't hit it hard enough for my string doesn't rattle and my guitar still vibrates. BTW my guitar is a strat copy and i never got it adjusted for 4 years.
does the hardware vibrate or the body vibrate? If it's the hardware, check if some thing's loose. If it's the body, you are a complete and total idiot.
Current Gear:
LTD MH-400 with Gotoh GE1996T (EMG 85/60)
PRS SE Custom 24 (Suhr SSH+/SSV)
Ibanez RG3120 Prestige (Dimarzio Titans)
Squier Vintage Modified 70s Jazz V
Audient iD22 interface
Peavey Revalver 4, UAD Friedman BE100/DS40
Adam S3A monitors
Quote by Anonden
You CAN play anything with anything....but some guitars sound right for some things, and not for others. Single coils sound retarded for metal, though those who are apeshit about harpsichord probably beg to differ.
Lol awesome
Guitasr:
Cort KX-Custom
ESP LTD M-200FM
Amp:
Engl Powerball
Misc:
Focusrite Scarlet 2i4
The body vibrates. Why am i an idiot? The body vibrates enough to the point its uncomfortable.
Quote by lpmarshall
The body vibrates. Why am i an idiot? The body vibrates enough to the point its uncomfortable.

I guess it's something with your bridge then, what kind of bridge do you have?
Guitasr:
Cort KX-Custom
ESP LTD M-200FM
Amp:
Engl Powerball
Misc:
Focusrite Scarlet 2i4
that's called resonance, and usually it's a good thing, unless you start getting feedback because of it.
make Industrial and/or experimental electronic music? Join my group!

Last.fm
It sounds normal.
Call me Wes.
Gear:
Fender American Deluxe HSS Strat
Chicago Blues Box Roadhouse
Bad Cat Cougar 5
1957 Gibson GA-5
Ceriatone 18w TMB Combo
Hughes & Kettner Tube Factor
Various Ibanez TS9s
Weber MASS Attenuator
Quote by pinguinpanic
I guess it's something with your bridge then, what kind of bridge do you have?

bridge is a strat type bridge.
normal.
Current Gear:
Audient iD22 interface
Adam S3A monitors
Quote by Anonden
You CAN play anything with anything....but some guitars sound right for some things, and not for others. Single coils sound retarded for metal, though those who are apeshit about harpsichord probably beg to differ.
To (almost) everyone in this thread; grow the hell up. TS posts it vibrates to the point of it being uncomfortable. This is far, really far from normal.

To the TS, could you be a bit more specific? What exactly vibrates, and where? Does it produce sounds? Explain...

I feel sorry for this dude.

Everyone else is playing him.

It is MEANT to vibrate. Vibrating is good.
Sunn O))):
Quote by Doppelgänger
You could always just sleep beside your refrigerator.

Guitar:
- Ibanez S670FM w/ JB
- Fender 'Lite Ash' Stratocaster
- Fender '72 Deluxe Telecaster
- Arbiter LP Jr. Doublecut
Amp:
- Laney VC15

'72 Tele Appreciation Group
RIP DIO
Quote by lpmarshall
bridge is a strat type bridge.

Hmm I never had this problem with my strat bridge, perhaps you should loosen the screws with which your bridge is attached to your body a bit, I can't really think of anything else.
Guitasr:
Cort KX-Custom
ESP LTD M-200FM
Amp:
Engl Powerball
Misc:
Focusrite Scarlet 2i4
yeah if the body vibrates to the point of being uncomfortable that could mean that the body is too light, that happens sometimes with cheaper guitars (and hollowbodies) just strum lighter.
make Industrial and/or experimental electronic music? Join my group!

Last.fm
Quote by Y00p
To (almost) everyone in this thread; grow the hell up. TS posts it vibrates to the point of it being uncomfortable. This is far, really far from normal.

To the TS, could you be a bit more specific? What exactly vibrates, and where? Does it produce sounds? Explain...

the lower half of the guitar vibrates. If I just play single notes it doesn't vibrate. But if i play 2 or more notes together it vibrates. It make a sound near the bridge, if i strum a chord real hard.
Is it more of a rattling than a vibration?
It may be that you have something messed up with your bridge. Or maybe some fret buzz? Can you be a bit more specific, or could you post soundclips?
Call me Wes.
Gear:
Bad Cat Cougar 5
1957 Gibson GA-5
Ceriatone 18w TMB Combo
Various Ibanez TS9s
Weber MASS Attenuator
Maybe you press the guitar too close to your body. Either that or you're playing like, naked or something...
Quote by Kensai
Racism... against the human race? Sure, go ahead
^Like the guy in your avatar?
Or yeah, with cheap bodies (like plywood or something) it may vibrate a bit much.
Call me Wes.
Gear:
Bad Cat Cougar 5
1957 Gibson GA-5
Ceriatone 18w TMB Combo
Various Ibanez TS9s
Weber MASS Attenuator
Well Im not an expert but I think it could be the bridge?? Or I could be totally wrong, but thats just what id check first
YELLOWFRIZBEE s FreezerBurn

Stepco's Master
|Colowomble 2016|PSN=yellowfrizbee| + UG Community Radio|
You do realise that if your guitar didn't vibrate it would suggest one of two possible things:

1. Your strings are in no way attached to the body of the guitar, thus making the body not really part of the guitar. In which case both you and your question would be invalid.

2. Your guitar defies the laws of physics, in which case you would also be invalid.

I'm sorry mate, but I have to say this: This is one of the stupidest questions I have ever seen asked on this forum. If you want to deny this accusation, learn to articulate yourself better to express the real problem.
You mean that it has only started vibrating?

****, thats bad, they are always supposed to vibrate.

I would take it to a guitar shop and ask them to make it vibrate more, to cancel out the time when it wasn't vibrating. That MIGHT fix it.
Quote by milkoy
You mean that it has only started vibrating?

****, thats bad, they are always supposed to vibrate.

I would take it to a guitar shop and ask them to make it vibrate more, to cancel out the time when it wasn't vibrating. That MIGHT fix it.

Whoa, holy smokes your right!
No no no. .. I know how a regular guitar feels when its vibrating, but my guitar vibrates like a muther****er, and my thigh feel weird when i play.
If the strings rattle then thats not good, but if the guitar vibrates then its not bad. Its supposed to.
Wait, I found out that if I play an open D string, the whole guitar will vibrate like crazy , the other strings are fine and they don't cause the guitar to vibrate a lot. My low e makes my gutiar vibrate just a lil bit also.
I dunno. Maybe you got a messed up guitar.
Take it to a shop perhaps?
Call me Wes.
Gear:
Bad Cat Cougar 5
1957 Gibson GA-5
Ceriatone 18w TMB Combo
Various Ibanez TS9s
Weber MASS Attenuator
Shop or a tech.
Current Gear:
Audient iD22 interface
Adam S3A monitors
Quote by Anonden