My dilemma is, that I don't know whether to get a new amp or more pedals. I play metal, blues, and some psychodelic stuff. The amp I have now has decent cleans, and with my DF-7 I get a pretty good metal sound, and a pretty good blues sound, but it is only a Crate CR-160 with a Celestion G12-80 speaker (60 watt SS amp), and I am barely heard over drums. Oh and my buget is $400; so should I get a new amp, or more pedals.

The amp I am looking at is the Peavey Valveking 112.

Pedals I've been looking at:
Digitech Weapon
MXR EVH Phase 90
EHX Small Clone
(Need suggestions)
You could use the speakers on your combo and run a tube head through it. For $400 dollars, you could get a used Classic 30 head or something similar. 30 tube watts will get you plenty loud enough.

Or, if you insist on getting a new combo, a used blues jr. or palomino would suit you alright.

In any case, your amp is a much bigger deal than your pedals; go for the amp.

And stay away from sig pedals like "The Weapon". You're paying more for the name than anything...
Member of the EHX Guild

Yamaha SG500B
Danelectro Fish 'n' Chips EQ
EHX Russian Big Muff
Roland Cube 30
Jake will suffice.

Join the revolution, GG&A.
Quote by carniferous
You could use the speakers on your combo and run a tube head through it. For $400 dollars, you could get a used Classic 30 head or something similar. 30 tube watts will get you plenty loud enough.

Or, if you insist on getting a new combo, a used blues jr. or palomino would suit you alright.

In any case, your amp is a much bigger deal than your pedals; go for the amp.

And stay away from sig pedals like "The Weapon". You're paying more for the name than anything...

Thanks I'll check out the blues jr. and palomino. Oh and I wasn't going to get the weapon, because it's Dan Donegan's or what ever his name is sig pedal; I was going to get it for the sitar simulator.
Quote by carniferous

wouldnt that take some re-wiring? you'd have to completely bypass all of the amplifier on the Crate to use the power amp on the Classic 30, but i guess it would be cheaper than buying a cabinet.

+1 if you can make the above idea work, otherwise go for the ValveKing.
Quote by lespaul#1
Indie stands for Industrial I think, like Marilyn Manson.

Ibanez RG2EX2 (Dimarzio Breed in bridge)
Epiphone Les Paul 100
Laney LV300T
Line 6 Toneport GX

The Falling Object Model
Quote by FLNagle
wouldnt that take some re-wiring? you'd have to completely bypass all of the amplifier on the Crate to use the power amp on the Classic 30, but i guess it would be cheaper than buying a cabinet.

+1 if you can make the above idea work, otherwise go for the ValveKing.

Well thats two votes for a new amp of some sort, so I guess I'll get the VK, unless someone presents a convincing argument to the contrary.
I would personally look for a classic 50 used. You see them quite often great amp.
Tom Anderson Hollow Classic
72 thin line tele

Barber trifecta fuzz
Mi audio Crunch Box
Clyde Wah
Barber Burn Unit
Ocean efx Texas deuce
Boomerang chorus delay
Barber ltd

1971 Pro reverb
Fender acoustasonic
Fender super champ xd