I was wonderinng which guitar out of these two are better for rock,blues, and a small amount of metal.

Ibanez RG321
http://www.musiciansfriend.com/product/Ibanez-RG321-Electric-Guitar?sku=512492

or

Any Ibanez SA Guitar
SG Commando #8, PM YOUNGBLOOD to join
Dunlop Original Cry Baby
Boss DS-1
Boss DD-6
Waiting On Vox VT15 or VT30
the sa ibanez is definetly a better guitar but
for the genres you just posted i wouldnt look into an ibanez
Send me off to bed forevermore.
I'm trying to stay away from fender, so what other guitar would be good for the genre's i've posted above.
Dunlop Original Cry Baby
Boss DS-1
Boss DD-6
Price range?
Current Gear:
LTD MH-400 with Gotoh GE1996T (EMG 85/60)
PRS SE Custom 24 (Suhr SSH+/SSV)
Ibanez RG3120 Prestige (Dimarzio Titans)
Squier Vintage Modified 70s Jazz V
Audient iD22 interface
Peavey Revalver 4, UAD Friedman BE100/DS40
Adam S3A monitors
Quote by Anonden
You CAN play anything with anything....but some guitars sound right for some things, and not for others. Single coils sound retarded for metal, though those who are apeshit about harpsichord probably beg to differ.
Fender HSS Strat.
Why don't you like fenders?
Call me Wes.
Gear:
Fender American Deluxe HSS Strat
Chicago Blues Box Roadhouse
Bad Cat Cougar 5
1957 Gibson GA-5
Ceriatone 18w TMB Combo
Hughes & Kettner Tube Factor
Various Ibanez TS9s
Weber MASS Attenuator
Well Fenders probably the best for your needs, but if you don't want one I'd go with a Les Paul for that. Epiphone and/or Gibson
I'll agree with most posters, I have the Fender HSS, great overall guitar for any genre..the humbucker really adds the uumph.

That being said, if you really don't want a Fender go Epiphone Les Paul. I also have one, a custom ebony, though I did replace the pickups. Great guitar for any situation outside of jazz or something.

Have fun...wish I was guitar shopping.
I just wanted to stay away from the obvious brand guitars, i was thinking about a pickup change in the ibanez, most likely seymour duncans.
Dunlop Original Cry Baby
Boss DS-1
Boss DD-6
ibanez isnt an obvious brand guitar?
idk seems like you have an ok epiphone, getting a cheap ibanez and putting new pickups in wont really be the best idea.
you dont have to get a fender or an epiphone, theres alot of other guitars out there.
whats wrong with obvious brand guitars? theyre popular for a reason.
but anyways its your choice of course
Send me off to bed forevermore.
Quote by RiFf_RoCk3r_24
I just wanted to stay away from the obvious brand guitars, i was thinking about a pickup change in the ibanez, most likely seymour duncans.

BAM! You just nailed it then. I recommend a HSS set up for blues tones and metal in one place, but that's just me...
I wondered why the frisbee was getting bigger, then it hit me.
Quote by RatmN'Roses
ibanez isnt an obvious brand guitar?
idk seems like you have an ok epiphone, getting a cheap ibanez and putting new pickups in wont really be the best idea.
you dont have to get a fender or an epiphone, theres alot of other guitars out there.
whats wrong with obvious brand guitars? theyre popular for a reason.
but anyways its your choice of course

I just want an instrument that feels "unique" I don't really knwo how to put it, I guess its my personal taste. My choice may be limited anyway seeing as I live in Canada, and most of the top quality gear isn't sold here like America.

EDIT: Any other Suggestions
Dunlop Original Cry Baby
Boss DS-1
Boss DD-6
Last edited by RiFf_RoCk3r_24 at Mar 13, 2008,
Carvin? I've heard you can totally customize your guitar for less than an arm and a leg.
Current Gear:
LTD MH-400 with Gotoh GE1996T (EMG 85/60)
PRS SE Custom 24 (Suhr SSH+/SSV)
Ibanez RG3120 Prestige (Dimarzio Titans)
Squier Vintage Modified 70s Jazz V
Audient iD22 interface
Peavey Revalver 4, UAD Friedman BE100/DS40
Adam S3A monitors
Quote by Anonden
You CAN play anything with anything....but some guitars sound right for some things, and not for others. Single coils sound retarded for metal, though those who are apeshit about harpsichord probably beg to differ.
SA would be more versatile than an RG, also check out the SZs (they're really nice, pretty much the same as a schecter C1).
Neither of them are built that well, making them less values. A Fender MIM strat is a surefire bet for value; great build quality and playability in one package.
Quote by RiFf_RoCk3r_24
I just want an instrument that feels "unique" I don't really knwo how to put it, I guess its my personal taste. My choice may be limited anyway seeing as I live in Canada, and most of the top quality gear isn't sold here like America.

EDIT: Any other Suggestions

the last thing you need to worry about is availability in canada..
i live in canada too and if you live near a L&M you can have very good options there.
they even custom ordered my guitar for me
but like everyone else has said already
HSS strat is gonna be your best bet based on those genres
Vikings? What Vikings? We are but poor, simple farmers. The village was burning when we got here, and the people must have slain themselves.
Oh wait, since you live in Canada, check out Godin guitars (since they're made in Canada).
Quote by RiFf_RoCk3r_24
I was wonderinng which guitar out of these two are better for rock,blues, and a small amount of metal.

Ibanez RG321
http://www.musiciansfriend.com/product/Ibanez-RG321-Electric-Guitar?sku=512492

or

Any Ibanez SA Guitar

instead of buying a new guitar, swap out the p-ups.
as much as that pains me to say since i love the 81/85 set, they dont seem sufficient for ur style
(Main)Gear-v
Jackson Dinky DKMGT
PRS SE Paul Allender
Peavey 6505+ 112
Quote by seizetheday1103
instead of buying a new guitar, swap out the p-ups.
as much as that pains me to say since i love the 81/85 set, they dont seem sufficient for ur style

Yeah I just listened to a couples of samples and tried the guitar on the clean channel. Honestly though they are mainly metal pickups, but I love the sound that comes out of my guitar, great sustain, its one of those crappy guitars that miracuously sounds great. Bought it from off the shelf.

Quote by COBHC6
the last thing you need to worry about is availability in canada..
i live in canada too and if you live near a L&M you can have very good options there.
they even custom ordered my guitar for me
but like everyone else has said already
HSS strat is gonna be your best bet based on those genres

I live near one myself man and i called there three times today(I swear I'm there best customer) Asked for all the ibanez models, none in stock nad I'm not prepared to wait 6 months for a guitar. The whole reason for me gettign a new guitar is becasue I need a replacement/backup for my SG. I always though that a simple pickup change could solve the sound problems, but I guess not.

EDIT: I'm heading over to my Local L&M tomorrow, So i'll get back to you guys on the results of my search, if i don't find anything i like I'll jsut stick with the guitar I ordered.
Dunlop Original Cry Baby
Boss DS-1
Boss DD-6
Last edited by RiFf_RoCk3r_24 at Mar 13, 2008,