so im sick of my spider. its okay for some of the music i play (experimental, indie, etc) but its just not a good sound in general, and all my pedals sound like **** through it. so i want a small amp, because im going to boarding school and im doing independent music study there.

i want a tube amp thats good for practicing and recording. ill probably gig with the spider. so whats a good amp that i could get for like 200 - 300?
idk what kind of music u play, but im in the price range myself and im looking into the palmino series, blackhearts, and epi valve jr. im gonna go try them all out soon. youtube them tho.
Mesa F-30 - 1x12 V30
PRS SE Custom 24 (GFS Crunchy PATs)
PRS SE Singlecut (Evo/Air Norton)
1989 Starforce (GFS PowerRails)
Morley Tremonti Power Wah, TS7 (808-Mod), Pitchblack, Boss DD-3, DE FnC
If you already have pedals, a Fender champ 600 will take them like, well, a champ.

Also consider the Epiphone and blackheart amps.

Finally, if you're up for gainier stuff, the Valveking Royal 8 (By Peavey) is supposedly good.
Member of the EHX Guild

Yamaha SG500B
Danelectro Fish 'n' Chips EQ
EHX Russian Big Muff
Roland Cube 30
Jake will suffice.

Join the revolution, GG&A.
I agree. They suck. BUT, I REALLY like my clean channel on my spider when I use my neck pickup. For anything else, not so good, so I will ONLY use the spider for cleans. I shall get a peavey windsor for everything else.

To TS: A small Laney?
Sunn O))):
Quote by Doppelgänger
You could always just sleep beside your refrigerator.

Guitar:
- Ibanez S670FM w/ JB
- Fender 'Lite Ash' Stratocaster
- Fender '72 Deluxe Telecaster
- Arbiter LP Jr. Doublecut
Amp:
- Laney VC15

'72 Tele Appreciation Group
RIP DIO
Quote by valdean
Vox is good for you're usage.

+1

Vox AD30VT is awesome! Even more awesome after a while (speakers break in, you learn to control it ect.)
Har nånn egentli vorri langt sjøl om bestemt sæ for å bruk t å me gå å vill å gjør sjå mer lik?
Quote by perkristian876
+1

Vox AD30VT is awesome! Even more awesome after a while (speakers break in, you learn to control it ect.)

+1

Vox makes damn good amps
Vox - I have the AD100VT and the little DA5. Key reasons for recommendation...great tube preamp tone, adjustable wattage (power selector) so you can keep that warm tone at low volumes, headphone jack and effect loop, pretty good modeling and come in a nice array of sizes. They're all very affordable in their respective size/power/feature ranges.

The little DA5 can even run on like 6 or 8 D size batteries so you can go mobile if you want.

You won't be disappointed.
Vox DA15 that I got for Christmas = pure bliss. So versatile, the digital effects are great, yadda blah. Doesn't like my crappy distortion pedal, but I think it's my settings' fault.
I'm looking for a tab of The Marshall Plan, by Blue Oyster Cult, and of Mario Minor, by Powerglove. If you have one please PM me.
Quote by The Masterplan
i don't see how the TS can be usage.

Aw, now, leave him alone. A little mistake like that, eh

ADV30T is your best recommended choice so far.

Also I'm interested in the fact you play 'experimental' music with the Spider. No need to guess where that one's going.

Wink.
Quote by Don_Humpador
Aw, now, leave him alone. A little mistake like that, eh

ADV30T is your best recommended choice so far.

Also I'm interested in the fact you play 'experimental' music with the Spider. No need to guess where that one's going.

Wink.

haha i bought the spider just starting out. it works for me cuz its got distortion, echo, delay, flange, and such. i have pedals too, but i think theyd sound better through a tube amp.
for the 200-300 price range, go with a vox valvetronix and don't look back. i've got the 15 and it's extremely versatile, takes pedals well and also gives you the warm tube flavour courtesy of the preamp.
Pfft, you're all wrong, Spiders are so full of win! No other manufacturer has managed to make an amp as good as the Spider in a long time.

http://news.harmony-central.com/Newp/2008/Line-6-Spider-III-Amp-Line-Of-The-Year-.html

I think most of the lower end manufacturers (Mesa, Orange, Marshall...), are going to be spending quite some time to try and copy the magic of the Spiders.

Quote by whoismilan
Pfft, you're all wrong, Spiders are so full of win! No other manufacturer has managed to make an amp as good as the Spider in a long time.

http://news.harmony-central.com/Newp/2008/Line-6-Spider-III-Amp-Line-Of-The-Year-.html

I think most of the lower end manufacturers (Mesa, Orange, Marshall...), are going to be spending quite some time to try and copy the magic of the Spiders.

This is true.
Gear
Good Guitars
Good Pedals
Good Amps

That is all.
I agree, the vox is an excellent choice, but i actually sold my ad30vt after i took delivery of my fender superchamp xd. The cleans are better, and overall sounds better to my ears. It also takes pedals better than the vox, not that you will probably need them. I spend a lot of time over at the fender discussion forum where they are raving over it so i had to try one myself. As i said before, bye bye vox. I should also mention the vibro champ is the same as the superchamp,only 5 watts. For the price, these are at least worth the thought.
podxt and some headphones
Gear
Schecter C-1 Hellraiser
Ibanez EX 470 (1991)

Peavey 6505 combo
Vox Valvetronix AD15VT
Danville 1X12 Cab
Kustom 12w tube

Dunlop Crybaby
DOD overdrive(YJM)
Boss Ns-2
PodXt