ok i wanna practice in phrygian so i can get my mind into what im suppose do do when the time comes and i need some chords to start me off.... any suggestions?
Quote by bambi_slaughter

what sound does a baby make when you put it in a blender?
i dunno, i was to busy masturba ting.

Quote by maroon5mustdie
EVH. I saw him in concert. And his brother was seriously the worst bass player I've ever seen.

Quote by operation ktulu
if my guitar had a pussy, i would never leave my room
Er.. the same chords as the scale that the mode is derived from?
Sunn O))):
Quote by Doppelgänger
You could always just sleep beside your refrigerator.

Guitar:
- Ibanez S670FM w/ JB
- Fender 'Lite Ash' Stratocaster
- Fender '72 Deluxe Telecaster
- Arbiter LP Jr. Doublecut
Amp:
- Laney VC15

'72 Tele Appreciation Group
RIP DIO
lo sorry im a bit like . noobie at this.. so that would mean:

Cmaj7 Dmin7 Emin7 Fmaj7 Gmaj7 Amin7 and Bmin7b5

?
Quote by bambi_slaughter

Quote by maroon5mustdie
EVH. I saw him in concert. And his brother was seriously the worst bass player I've ever seen.

Quote by operation ktulu
E minor, slide the E major chord form up to the F position and leave the other three strings open (like an open barre chord), then do the same to the G position...best I could come up with. For like...metal I'd say just go E-F....E-C or something along those lines.
oh kk
Quote by bambi_slaughter

Quote by maroon5mustdie

Quote by operation ktulu
Modes aren't technically derived from chord progresions - the uses of modes predates the use of harmony by several centuries. They work best over a single chord or, even better, drone line.

The moment you change the tonality by playing a different chord you're playing a different mode or scale.
Actually called Mark!

Quote by TNfootballfan62
People with a duck for their avatar always give good advice.

...it's a seagull

Quote by Dave_Mc
i wanna see a clip of a recto buying some groceries.

stuffmycatswatchontv.tumblr.com
kk ty
Quote by bambi_slaughter

Quote by maroon5mustdie

Quote by operation ktulu
Quote by steven seagull
Modes aren't technically derived from chord progresions - the uses of modes predates the use of harmony by several centuries. They work best over a single chord or, even better, drone line.

The moment you change the tonality by playing a different chord you're playing a different mode or scale.

I disagree, there are definitely modal progression. A really common progression for Phrygian would be i - ii - i..
Quote by steven seagull
Kinda sorta. Am7 D7 is definately an A Dorian progression, but to say that you're playing D Mixo over D7 is splitting hairs.

However, everyone should keep in mind that modal progressions are usually 2 or 3 chords, else they resolve to the parent scale.