Hello Everyone,
As you can see I am new here. Recently, like a month ago, I started playing with acoustic guitar. I basically learned major and minor chords like E,A,D,C,G,B and F(But can't switch that one from other chords lol). I learned how to change chords, except the mentioned F, my fingers are not used to pressing down that hard on two strings with one finger. So yeah. I need something to go on. Maybe I should learn an easy song? Because I am getting bored just practicing same chords. What do you say?
you need to learn to switch between the chords. Start with an easy down-up-down-up strum rythm and learn to switch between two chords seamlessly back and forth. Like G (d-u-d-u) C (d-u-d-u) G (d-u-d-u) C (d-u-d-u). Then work in a third chord. Before long you will be playing a real song.
Quote by matase
Hello Everyone,
As you can see I am new here. Recently, like a month ago, I started playing with acoustic guitar. I basically learned major and minor chords like E,A,D,C,G,B and F(But can't switch that one from other chords lol). I learned how to change chords, except the mentioned F, my fingers are not used to pressing down that hard on two strings with one finger. So yeah. I need something to go on. Maybe I should learn an easy song? Because I am getting bored just practicing same chords. What do you say?

With those chords in knowledge, you're halfway through learning 'Sweet home Alabama'. It's a great song, and not too difficult, either.

Watch: http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=VETdnjZeLhU for a great lesson on this song
For me the barred F is easier. One of the first song I learned was Brown Eyed Girl. What kind of music do you like ?
Quote by Hosscat
you need to learn to switch between the chords. Start with an easy down-up-down-up strum rythm and learn to switch between two chords seamlessly back and forth. Like G (d-u-d-u) C (d-u-d-u) G (d-u-d-u) C (d-u-d-u). Then work in a third chord. Before long you will be playing a real song.

you mean every strum up or down I have to switch chord? If not, I know how to do that, with the exception of F chord.

I like any classical top songs.
Sorry, I misread....

Many songs use G-C-D, "Sweet Child o' Mine" "Wanted Dead or Alive"
practice going from c to f they have a similar structure and then to a full barre f thats how i learned how to just switch to af. the capo on 2 version of hotel california is a good workout uses almost every single open chord just a little bit further down the neck where everything is just a little bit closer and easier to finger it is a good practice song.
yes, go C to F, or F to C.

for a song, Karate by Tenacious D.
I was an Internet Witness in the mike.h Murder Case.
Quote by Pauldapro
this man is right. everything he says is right. so, stop killing people and get therapy ffs
Quote by matase
Should I get nylon strings make it easier to learn ?

Not unless you prefer the sound of a classical or want to pursue classical guitar. Just keep practising.