Page 1 of 3
...oh dear...marshall...because if youre gonna get a crappy amp might as well have the "cool" marshall name
"Prefiero morir parado que vivir siempre arrodillado" - Ernesto "El Che" Guevara de la Serna (1928 - 1967)
what kind of music do you play?

for me, id choose the marshall.

EDIT: except to get a lot of ****. everybody here has jumped on the bandwagon of hating spiders and MGs
theyre both ****.
equipment:
Esp EC-1000
ibanez rg550
Peavey 5150 combo
Boss ML-2 Metal core pedal
DB-01 crybaby from hell

Quote by dubstar92
Tell the friend that due to an amp explosion you are now temporarily deaf and will judge her friend solely on looks.
the line 6 spiders really aren't THAT bad. They're good practice amps. I've played through an MG before too... I couldn't really tell ya though. it's all down to personal preference- for me i'll say Line 6.
Both Horrible, but Spider > MG
Dissonance is Bliss

Signal Chain:
Carvin CT-4
Ibanez TS-9
Carvin Quad-X
TC Electronics G-Major
Mesa/Boogie 2:90
Ear Candy BuzzBomb

Member #4 of the Carvin Club
Quote by wigamortis
I don't really need an answer like "go with this one" or "you should go tube". I just want to know which of these two half stack are better.

http://www.guitarcenter.com/Line-6-HD75-Guitar-Amp-Head-with-Spider-III-4x12-Cabinet-485061-i1174723.gc

http://www.guitarcenter.com/Marshall-MG100HDFX-MG412-Slant-Cab-Half-Stack-Package-482807-i1145908.gc

If you want a straighforward answer, you have to give us as much information as possible, like what style do you play, what are you looking for in amps. Different amps are better at different things.

Just by not even looking at the links, either way, i hate both amps. I think i speak for most of UG when i say BOTH the MG's and Spiders suck at everything
Quote by dark&broken
I'd like to see any of those meathead homophobes look a Spartan in the eye and call him a fag.

both stupid... let me give you a hint ... just get double of money about 1800$ and youll geht an ibanez thermion + ibanez box wich is blowing a single rectifier away without any problems
line 6 blows, but that perticular marshall isnt much better, save your money and get a quality amp dont be cheep when it comes to your sound bro.
Im gonna pistol whip the next guy that says shenanigans !!!!
Quote by wigamortis
I don't really need an answer like "go with this one" or "you should go tube". I just want to know which of these two half stack are better.

http://www.guitarcenter.com/Line-6-HD75-Guitar-Amp-Head-with-Spider-III-4x12-Cabinet-485061-i1174723.gc

http://www.guitarcenter.com/Marshall-MG100HDFX-MG412-Slant-Cab-Half-Stack-Package-482807-i1145908.gc

why are you even asking this ? you care about your sound because you're asking which one is better, but you only give us 2 cruddy amps to choose from ! make up your mind, either want good tone or gtfo and go get a ss halfstack.
you don't need a half stack. you're not selling out stadium tours, and you never will if you've got the crappy tone that you'll get from either of those amps.

get a tube combo. fin.
My name is Charlie.

Gear
Gretsch Electromatic Pro Jet
Fender Deville 410
Electro-Harmonix USA Big Muff
Digitech Whammy IV
MXR Micro Amp
Dunlop Crybaby Wah
Quote by eggo_boi_15
If you want a straighforward answer, you have to give us as much information as possible, like what style do you play, what are you looking for in amps. Different amps are better at different things.

Just by not even looking at the links, either way, i hate both amps. I think i speak for most of UG when i say BOTH the MG's and Spiders suck at everything

Yeah srsly, the only thing that sucks more is TS,
jk man,
But seriously save for a while, the noise that will come out of those might as well be distortion from a fart echoing in the toilet bowl.
LIFE IS TOO SHORT NOT TO LET YOUR MIND SPREAD WINGS AND TAKE FLIGHT

Quote by KeepOnRotting
+Infinity. This dude knows good metal.
personally i don't like either of those amps, you could probably get a much better one for around that price range, but if it has to be one of them amps i would go for the Marshall
Why Why Why???????????
"Make my funk the P-Funk, I want my funk uncut"
Quote by jambi_mantra
James, are you God?

Fender Highway One Tele
1985 Encore 335
Takamine EG523sc
Laney VC15
Vox V847
MXR M-108
EHX Q-Tron+, Big Muff Pi, POG
MI Audio Crunch Box
Yamaha DTXplorer DrumKit
Quote by wigamortis

oh god....

I think if there is a "worst question to EVER ask on UG" ...................... this is it....
I've bought, sold, and traded more gear than I care to admit.
I think MG = Majorly Gay
Quote by jambi_mantra
James, are you God?

Fender Highway One Tele
1985 Encore 335
Takamine EG523sc
Laney VC15
Vox V847
MXR M-108
MI Audio Crunch Box
Yamaha DTXplorer DrumKit
Quote by 666hamish666
i've heard it as: MG = Man Genitals

but yeah

Fixed

and....

MARSHALL MAN GENITALS

Quote by dark&broken
I'd like to see any of those meathead homophobes look a Spartan in the eye and call him a fag.

Quote by Brendan.Clace
oh god....

I think if there is a "worst question to EVER ask on UG" ...................... this is it....

haha I thought the same thing A high wattage solid state Marshall MG or Line 6 half stack is pretty much the exact opposite of what most people here would recommend anyone.
Quote by whoismilan
haha I thought the same thing A high wattage solid state Marshall MG or Line 6 half stack is pretty much the exact opposite of what most people here would recommend anyone.

Yet they're the only options....

We must pick one....
Quote by dark&broken

Is someone holding a gun to your head and forcing you to choose poor tone? Because that's the only way I can imagine desire for one of these from someone who is aware of tube/valve's advantages over SS junk (i know not all SS amps are bad but these ones are poor)
Quote by jambi_mantra
James, are you God?

Fender Highway One Tele
1985 Encore 335
Takamine EG523sc
Laney VC15
Vox V847
MXR M-108
MI Audio Crunch Box
Yamaha DTXplorer DrumKit
They're both amazing. I would get the Marshall though. Its overdrive is crushing.
Quote by doggy_hat
This chick that looked like shrek ****ed me while I was passed out on xanax. I screamed when I woke up.
Quote by BleedDeathMetal
They're both amazing. I would get the Marshall though. Its overdrive is crushing.

Quote by dark&broken

Quote by eggo_boi_15

Oh my god I actually lolled.....
Fender Deluxe Strat HSS
Fender Standard Strat
Fender Highway 1 Tele
Epiphone Les Paul Standard
Orange Rocker 30 Combo
Seymour Duncan Twin Tube Mayhem
Roland Microcube
Boss Micro BR
Korg Pitchblack
EHX Holy Grail
Hohner 3/4 Classical
^ me too

We should be truly ashamed of ourselves
Quote by jambi_mantra
James, are you God?

Fender Highway One Tele
1985 Encore 335
Takamine EG523sc
Laney VC15
Vox V847
MXR M-108
MI Audio Crunch Box
Yamaha DTXplorer DrumKit
*hangs head and wanders over to kick his microcube (currently my ONLY amp)*
Fender Deluxe Strat HSS
Fender Standard Strat
Fender Highway 1 Tele
Epiphone Les Paul Standard
Orange Rocker 30 Combo
Seymour Duncan Twin Tube Mayhem
Roland Microcube
Boss Micro BR
Korg Pitchblack
EHX Holy Grail
Hohner 3/4 Classical
Quote by PendulousThread
*hangs head and wanders over to kick his microcube (currently my ONLY amp)*

Microcube is lots better than the MG. It always will be.

I have a Roland Cube60
Quote by dark&broken

both is utter ****e.
Brigadier of the 7-string legion. 7>6

Fender Telecaster
Schecter Damien 7
Engl Fireball
Quote by ginjaninja

EDIT: except to get a lot of ****. everybody here has jumped on the bandwagon of hating spiders and MGs

Maybe cos they might be crap..

Just a suggestion
Quote by dark&broken

Why does everyone care so much what he gets? Let him get his ****ty ass 600 dollar halfstack and have it burn out on him a few months after his warranty goes out.
Schecter C-1 Hellraiser
Peavey 5150
Vader Cabinet 4x12
Roland Cube 30X
Line 6 Toneport UX1
Morley Bad Horsie II

Page 1 of 3