Hey guys, I have been playing for about 5 months now. I really need some help with this. I am trying to lean Welcome to the jungle. The main verse is basically power cords, mutes and string bends. I know what notes to play, I bought the song book. I can play a couple of solos real good. If I keep at something, I can pick it up pretty good, but this is killing me.

I don't know if I can post the notes or not, but you can look them up here. I need help with my muting. I am not bad at palm muting, but those "X's" mean fret hand muting, right? I need some tips for this technique or the main verse to the song.

Thanks.
the "x" means to mute w/ your fretting hand.

it should sound like a scratchy noise.
yeah just putt your finger on the fret like ur gunna play it but dont press down on the string, only rest on it and you get a muted fret
Quote by HaKattack
Pop Tarts. Strudels are a Austrian invention; Hitler was also from Austria.
Obviously, Toaster Strudels are the same as Toaster NAZIS.
I know how to do it, it just sounds real bad. Sometimes I will get a harmonic if I just happen to try and mute in a certain spot.
I know I need more practice but is there any tips or anything you have?

Thanks.
Your guitar has natural harmonic spots, specifically around the 12th, 7th, 5th and 4th frets so avoid those. Also, apply more pressure than you would want for a harmonic to ring out with just enough let off to keep the fundamental notes from sounding.
it means string mute. you slightly lift your fretting hand of the strings you're holding and play them
Quote by SteveHouse
M. Night Shyamallama