i have a line 6 spider II 210 amplifier, and have gone mad over it. i liked it before, now its not giving me the sounds i want.

i've been thinking about this for a bit, and i think i might go with it. i want to go to my guitar store, trade in my line 6, dunlop crybaby, danelectro talkbox and FBV2 pedal so i can buy:

possibly a 100watt marshall half stack (or a crate power amp and cab) and a Boss GT-6.

i think it'll do me well in the long run, seeing i don't perform live what so ever so i dont need anything too loud, what you guys think?
Ibanez S570b [Dimarzio Mo'Joe & PAF Joe]
Schecter Omen-6 [Dimarzio Crunch Lab & Liquifire]
GFS Xaviere Acoustic

Peavey JSX
Mesa Boogie Traditional Slant 412
THD Hot Plate
Quote by BH7697
i have a line 6 spider II 210 amplifier, and have gone mad over it. i liked it before, now its not giving me the sounds i want.

i've been thinking about this for a bit, and i think i might go with it. i want to go to my guitar store, trade in my line 6, dunlop crybaby, danelectro talkbox and FBV2 pedal so i can buy:

possibly a 100watt marshall half stack (or a crate power amp and cab) and a Boss GT-6.

i think it'll do me well in the long run, seeing i don't perform live what so ever so i dont need anything too loud, what you guys think?

You don't need anything loud, yet you're getting a 100-watt stack?

╠═══════╬═══════╣

Solder fume huffer σƒ τλε τρπ βπστλεπλσσδ

╠═══════╬═══════╣

Electronic Audio Experiments
Quote by yoyodunno
Tell us the exact model of the marshall half stack lol. If its an MG then don't trade in your amp, and do you have an estimate of how much your trade will go for moneywise?

+1.

DO NOT TRADE YOUR SPIDER FOR A MARSHALL MG.

That is all.
Quote by stephen_rettie
buy a small tube amp and an od, you dont need a halfstack unless your playing festivals

Not true. IDK what kind of shows you guys play, but I routinely crank my Triple Rectifier to 3 o'clock every show I play
meh i don't know...i just hate my spider it dont sound so well.

ive wanted a gt-6 because my friend has one and it sounds alright and it has many effects, kind of the same reason i bought the spider.

if the marshall mg sucks then i wont bother because i think thats the one i was going to go for lol.

would a power amp and a cab be ok with a gt-6? i mean will it sound ok, like i have 120 watts i want to keep it in that area of power. if a power amp is cool then i was hoping to get some recommendations on some decent amps that arent too expensive, probably around $300, and around 100-150 watts.
Ibanez S570b [Dimarzio Mo'Joe & PAF Joe]
Schecter Omen-6 [Dimarzio Crunch Lab & Liquifire]
GFS Xaviere Acoustic

Peavey JSX
Mesa Boogie Traditional Slant 412
THD Hot Plate
Why do want so much power that you'll never need? It doesn't make your dick bigger or anything you know?
"Make my funk the P-Funk, I want my funk uncut"
Quote by jambi_mantra
James, are you God?

Fender Highway One Tele
1985 Encore 335
Takamine EG523sc
Laney VC15
Vox V847
MXR M-108
EHX Q-Tron+, Big Muff Pi, POG
MI Audio Crunch Box
Yamaha DTXplorer DrumKit
too true, 30 watts fully cranked is too loud for most of the gigs I go to. I dont recall ever fully using the 60 watt on my tube amp, just too bloody loud.
Gear.
Peters Chimaira tube amp
Harley Benton 2xv30's
IbanezS470(evo,paf)
Jackson dinky select series USA
ESP LTD EC1000VB
MI audio boostnbuff+crunchbox
Carbon copy MXR + smart gate
Quote by Metal_Injection
too true, 30 watts fully cranked is too loud for most of the gigs I go to. I dont recall ever fully using the 60 watt on my tube amp, just too bloody loud.

Damn you guys are n00bs. Like I said I crank the **** out of my amp. Do you guys play in front of like 10 people or something?
Quote by Gibson_Left
Damn you guys are n00bs. Like I said I crank the **** out of my amp. Do you guys play in front of like 10 people or something?

If you seriously cranked your amp that high at a show you either...

a) Destroyed everyone's hearing in (at least) the front row
b) Destroyed yours and everyone in your band's hearing
c) Were never invited back again to play a show
d) Have bad power tubes which results in your amp being extremely low in volume
e) Confused channel volume with master volume
Quote by Dave_Mc
I've had tube amps for a while now, but never actually had any go down on me
Quote by jj1565
maybe you're not saying the right things? an amp likes to know you care.

www.SanctityStudios.com
Quote by Gibson_Left
Not true. IDK what kind of shows you guys play, but I routinely crank my Triple Rectifier to 3 o'clock every show I play

he doesnt play shows dumb ****, he's a beginner guitarist
Quote by MatrixClaw
If you seriously cranked your amp that high at a show you either...

a) Destroyed everyone's hearing in (at least) the front row
b) Destroyed yours and everyone in your band's hearing
c) Were never invited back again to play a show
d) Have bad power tubes which results in your amp being extremely low in volume
e) Confused channel volume with master volume

+999999