I recently bought an Ibanez s2170 and I'm having problems dropping the tuning. I've never had a guitar with a tremolo bar before so I don't know if that has to do with the problem. The machine heads appear to loosen the strings but the open notes stay the same. Noob question I know, but just looking for help with changing the tuning thanks.
make sure the locking nut is open when you do it. Also you mite have to retune the same string a few times due to the floating tremolo.
Quote by bootyguard
Or when my parents found out that i was having sex in my car my mom let me know cause she started making me 2 sandwhiches i was like "why 2?" and shes like "well you've been doing a lot of exercise recently". my face literally looked like this
LOL, unlock the nuts.
CLICK ME

Quote by lrc95

hi, i was just wondering how to post a thread?

Quote by AS I LAY DYING!
and USD is equal to how much in US dollars?

Quote by Armchair Bronco
Everyone must own a DS-1 at some point in their playing career.

^^idiots

They're right. Unlock the locking nut - and maybe do some research on floating trems before touching anything else...

Bear in mind that a floating bridge is far from ideal for changing tunings, although the ZR is better than most as it has the zero point system so you can alter the minimum force required to move the bridge.
Actually called Mark!

Quote by TNfootballfan62
People with a duck for their avatar always give good advice.

...it's a seagull

Quote by Dave_Mc
i wanna see a clip of a recto buying some groceries.

stuffmycatswatchontv.tumblr.com
If your just going to Drop D from standard, you can just use the fine tuners to drop the E string and the other strings will stay in tune because of the Zero Point system.
Ibanez RG1527
ENGL Blackmore Sig.
Marshall 1960A Cab
Orange 4x12 Cab

Member of UG's Official Gain \/\/hores - Invite Only
lmao alright, never used a floating bridge before. Thanks for the help