Hey just wandering what the main difference between these two amps are?

Mostly because im thinking of buying one over here in australia.

Massive difference in price however, the III is $1200 and the IV with postage is $2700

The IV is in great condition, but the III reverb aint working (not too concerned)

Is the 1500$ in price justifible? Also anyone here played or heard the Sherlock fat head 100 watt tube amp? Wondering how it stacks against these 2

cheers alot dudeletts
Gear.
Peters Chimaira tube amp
Harley Benton 2xv30's
IbanezS470(evo,paf)
Jackson dinky select series USA
ESP LTD EC1000VB
MI audio boostnbuff+crunchbox
Carbon copy MXR + smart gate
I think the Mark III shares an EQ for all 3 channels, while the Mark IV has a seperate EQ for clean and Overdriven channels.
Quote by bass-man9712
after i clicked all i could think was "please don't be goatse, please dont be goatse"

PSN: Effigyoferebus (feel free to add it)
Depends on what voicing you want. If I remember correctly the Mark III is voiced more like the Mark II ergo, it doesn't really sound like the Mark IV.

So if you're looking for Mark IV tones, don't go looking at a Mark III.
Quote by zgr0826
My culture is worthless and absolutely inferior to the almighty Leaf.

Quote by JustRooster
I incurred the wrath of the Association of White Knights. Specifically the Parent's Basement branch of service.
Quote by H4T3BR33D3R
Depends on what voicing you want. If I remember correctly the Mark III is voiced more like the Mark II ergo, it doesn't really sound like the Mark IV.

So if you're looking for Mark IV tones, don't go looking at a Mark III.

They aren't exactly radically removed from each other. Similar voicings
I haven't really heard a Mark IV irl, but my Mark III sounds undoubtley awesome
Brigadier of the 7-string legion. 7>6

Fender Telecaster
Schecter Damien 7
Engl Fireball
Quote by Gibson_Left
They aren't exactly radically removed from each other. Similar voicings

There's still enough of a difference to bug me though.

I think the Mark III+ and the red stripes are closer to the IV.

The Blue and Purple ones are more Mark II ish.
Quote by zgr0826
My culture is worthless and absolutely inferior to the almighty Leaf.

Quote by JustRooster
I incurred the wrath of the Association of White Knights. Specifically the Parent's Basement branch of service.
I like them both and probably would've bought a Mark III if I hadn't found a good deal on my Mark IV.

They don't sound THAT different, there's a bit of difference in the sounds but for the most part they can get pretty close to eachother, the Mark III is a little more aggressive sounding in my experiences.

However, with a price gap that huge, the Mark IV deffinately isn't worth that price over the Mark III.
Quote by Dave_Mc
I've had tube amps for a while now, but never actually had any go down on me
Quote by jj1565
maybe you're not saying the right things? an amp likes to know you care.

www.SanctityStudios.com
There are however a few things which I must point out. The EQ Auto/In switch is broken and one of the EQ slider knobs is missing. I bought it like that and as I never used the EQ, it didn't bother me at all. There is enough tone control in the Treble, Bass and Middle knobs. However if a collector is buying it then it might be an issue (or not). I fired it up last week and everything worked fine except for the Reverb which was playing up. Once again I never used it and thus never checked it before. This is something that can be certainly fixed by a tech for a very little cost. Sorry but I just don't have the time to do it and this is reflected in the starting price.

Thats what he lists as the problems. They dont sound to major, but would it be expensive to fix?
Gear.
Peters Chimaira tube amp
Harley Benton 2xv30's
IbanezS470(evo,paf)
Jackson dinky select series USA
ESP LTD EC1000VB
MI audio boostnbuff+crunchbox
Carbon copy MXR + smart gate
i got no idea what stripe it is though unfortunetly, its from the 80s,

thanks though guys, big help
Gear.
Peters Chimaira tube amp