Page 1 of 3
So today I was listening to some stuff on my ipod (RHCP, Led Zeppelin, Steve Miller, Allman Brothers, Wolfmother, etc.) and these two people in my class were listening to Taylor Swift, Nickelback, Seether, 3 Days Grace, Rap, Some more country (radio crap) and I just said I didn't like any of that stuff and they told me all you listen to is old crap. I then tried to explain that it's better in my opinion and that all the radio stuff sounds alike....then i said i really hate Nickleback and they were like no I love Nickleback every song they sing is amazing!!! He then told me to stop listening to my "hippy music" haha. This wasn't really a fight just a discussion and I was wondering if there's any good songs or things to say to convince them that actual takes actual talent. Ya im bored....
taylor swift has talent. i love her music.

maybe you should just stop listening to hippy crap.
Quote by jimmyslashpage
So today I was listening to some stuff on my ipod (RHCP, Led Zeppelin, Steve Miller, Allman Brothers, Wolfmother, etc.) and these two people in my class were listening to Taylor Swift, Nickelback, Seether, 3 Days Grace, Rap, Some more country (radio crap) and I just said I didn't like any of that stuff and they told me all you listen to is old crap. I then tried to explain that it's better in my opinion and that all the radio stuff sounds alike....then i said i really hate Nickleback and they were like no I love Nickleback every song they sing is amazing!!! He then told me to stop listening to my "hippy music" haha. This wasn't really a fight just a discussion and I was wondering if there's any good songs or things to say to convince them that actual takes actual talent. Ya im bored....

All those bands use talent, you're being as closed minded as they are....I only like one Nickleback song and that's Side of a Bullet....
Quote by Fat Lard
Why would you spend tens of thousands of dollars to learn about a language you already speak? It was over before it even started dude

Quote by captainsnazz
brot pls
...Or you can let them listen to what they want and ignore them.
Quote by blackenedktulu
CFH82, I love you. I didn't laugh, but my god, I love you.

Quote by Zero-Hartman
Holy shit, that was epic. A mighty roar escapeth'd my mouth.

Quote by WyvernOmega
I saw a penis.

last.fm
bet that retard 1 million bucks that he cant play the intro of master of puppets by metallica with all downstrokes at proper tempo, if he says its crap, at least hell owe you 1 million dollars!!
Your music sucks. Try listening to some real music. You know, some Diabelli, Schubert, J. S. Bach, Clementi, Haydn, not that devil music.

See what I did there?
Quote by Godzilla1969
I love you, Muphin. You have great taste in music.

Quote by Pacifica112J
Muphin > You

The Cooperation
I'm not saying that they can't listen to what they want.....When did i say that? I just think they shouldn't be close minded to what i listen to. I've listened to what they listen to and decided i don't like it. They just think it sucks and haven't listened to it
You listened to all those bands at once? That is amazing?

But back to the point at hand. I don't like any of those bands you listed. I do however like Nickelback, along with bands such as Hypocrisy, Dissetion, Bloodbath and Opeth (since just recently, actually). What do this prove?

Well, it proves that I don't listen to the techicalities behind the music; I listen to the music. That is all it is, music, and if you have to put labels and laws on that, well then prepare to be refered to as the Hitler of Music for the rest of your days.
maybe they have listened to it. i don't need to listen to steve miller's entire catalogue to know i don't like him.
Quote by Muphin
Your music sucks. Try listening to some real music. You know, some Diabelli, Schubert, J. S. Bach, Clementi, Haydn, not that devil music.

See what I did there?

ok what they listen is actual music i just dont like it. I never said they're music sucks, its their opinion and i wasn't getting frustrated about it i was just trying to enlighten them
I don't like any of the bands you listed as what you listen to

Does that mean I have a **** taste in music and need to listen to some real music?

Quote by jimmyslashpage
I never said they're music sucks

I think the thread title pretty much suggests its
Quote by schecter_guy
maybe they have listened to it. i don't need to listen to steve miller's entire catalogue to know i don't like him.

they haven't listened to it thats the thing.......
Quote by jimmyslashpage
ok what they listen is actual music i just dont like it. I never said they're music sucks, its their opinion and i wasn't getting frustrated about it i was just trying to enlighten them
That's not condescending at all.
Quote by GiantRaven
I don't like any of the bands you listed as what you listen to

Does that mean I have a **** taste in music and need to listen to some real music?

I think the thread title pretty much suggests its

ok i give up i was j/w what i could do to maybe convince them to listen to what i like to listen to....i did get a bit carried away with the title but i respect other's opinions.....but i surrender im just getting flamed
lul so i was listnin to zeplin cuz tehy are pwn and jimy page rox n stuff n dis kid wuz liek lol dey suck mcr rulz n i was liek fcuk u nub he sux none at skool gets me cuz i listn to reall musiczz from 1974 cuz all musik today sux n stuff
Quote by Flying Couch
That's not condescending at all.

ok not enlighten.....show them what i listen to enlighten just came to mind
Quote by jimmyslashpage
ok i give up i was j/w what i could do to maybe convince them to listen to what i like to listen to....i did get a bit carried away with the title but i respect other's opinions.....but i surrender im just getting flamed
It's cool. No lasting hostility.
Quote by jimmyslashpage
ok i give up i was j/w what i could do to maybe convince them to listen to what i like to listen to....

Why would you do that?

Why not just let people listen to what they like?

You don't see me telling you what to listen to do you?
I agree with the TS, and the TS wasn't trying to put their music down. He clearly said that he just didn't prefer their music and they were the ones who put him down for listening to "crap" music. It is funny everyone always sides with the ignorant.

At my school, it is so funny. I was listening to Dream Theater's Systematic Chaos (which came out in 2007.) And a kid was like "you need to start listening to some new stuff, that old stuff is long gone." I said, "this is new." He says "yea, well, it doesn't SOUND new." Lol since when is "new," a genre?
Last edited by johnpetrucci05 at Mar 13, 2008,
Quote by shred745
lul so i was listnin to zeplin cuz tehy are pwn and jimy page rox n stuff n dis kid wuz liek lol dey suck mcr rulz n i was liek fcuk u nub he sux none at skool gets me cuz i listn to reall musiczz from 1974 cuz all musik today sux n stuff

Hellllzz yaa... MaN!!
Awakening The Revenant
Deathcore side project: Malevolent

Quote by shavorules42
start with more poppy music with occasional screams and then work your way into emoish crap like a day to remember and so on.
Quote by GiantRaven
Why would you do that?

Why not just let people listen to what they like?

You don't see me telling you what to listen to do you?

I was just telling them what i listen to see if they like it. Since i did use to listen to the radio stuff a long time ago and then i found out about what i listen to now. I'm always open to musical suggestions too.
Quote by jimmyslashpage
I was just telling them what i listen to see if they like it. Since i did use to listen to the radio stuff a long time ago and then i found out about what i listen to now. I'm always open to musical suggestions too.

Hmm

Fair enough
Quote by johnpetrucci05
I agree with the TS, and the TS wasn't trying to put their music down. He clearly said that he just didn't prefer their music and they were the ones who put him down for listening to "crap" music. It is funny everyone always sides with the ignorant.

At my school, it is so funny. I was listening to Dream Theater's Systematic Chaos (which came out in 2007.) And a kid was like "you need to start listening to some new stuff, that old stuff is long gone." I said, "this is new." He says "yea, well, it doesn't SOUND new." Lol since when is "new," a genre?

Thank you......
Quote by jimmyslashpage

Have you listened to any of the bands I listed?

No?

So when you give them recommendations and they don't listen, you want to enlighten them, yet you ignore my recommendations?

That's a trauma twofer.
Quote by jimmyslashpage
I was wondering if there's any good songs or things to say to convince them that actual takes actual talent.
Talent is relative. I like Rock Music. The Allman Brothers Band and Pink Floyd/Syd Barrett are two of my favorite artists to listen to, but compared to Mozart and Liszt, they don't have an enormous amount of talent in terms of skill, theory, etc.

Debussy, in my opinion, isn't as good a composer as Mozart or Bach, yet he is still by far my favorite to listen to.
Quote by jimmyslashpage

You my freind, are what we like to call arrogant and close minded.

All music takes talent, different bands are good in the their respective genres.

So please do us all a favour and get out.
Quote by dark&broken
I'd like to see any of those meathead homophobes look a Spartan in the eye and call him a fag.

Quote by Renka
Have you listened to any of the bands I listed?

No?

So when you give them recommendations and they don't listen, you want to enlighten them, yet you ignore my recommendations?

That's a trauma twofer.

actually i have listened to the bands u listed
Quote by shred745

Quote by jimmyslashpage
actually i have listened to the bands u listed

I somehow find this claim dubious.

Still, have you tried telling them what I just told you? Eh?
Quote by eggo_boi_15
You my freind, are what we like to call arrogant and close minded.

All music takes talent, different bands are good in the their respective genres.

So please do us all a favour and get out.

ok seether, 3 days grace and nickelback are talented at what they play. Which just doesn't seem difficult or take much skill to play in my opinion. But sure they're talented. And you've seen that i was just trying to show them what i listen to
Quote by jimmyslashpage
Some more country (radio crap)

I like country.
epic7734
You dismissing your their music as popular and trendy, yet you listen to trendy music yourself (Ledzeplin, Wolfmother, ect. Where popular 30 years ago, and are just as popular now). If your going to dismiss people's taste as trendy and popular then atleast have a taste for more underground music than that. They listen to radio crap? I could find all of the bands you listed as your kind of music playing on the radio.

"...I just think they shouldn't be close minded to what i listen to..."
and telling them that they need to listen to different music when you say their music is garbage. Hypocrisy.
Quote by Renka
I somehow find this claim dubious.

Still, have you tried telling them what I just told you? Eh?

nope lol
Quote by doggy_hat
You dismissing your their music as popular and trendy, yet you listen to trendy music yourself (Ledzeplin, Wolfmother, ect. Where popular 30 years ago, and are just as popular now). If your going to dismiss people's taste as trendy and popular then atleast have a taste for more underground music than that. They listen to radio crap? I could find all of the bands you listed as your kind of music playing on the radio.

"...I just think they shouldn't be close minded to what i listen to..."
and telling them that they need to listen to different music when you say their music is garbage. Hypocrisy.

You like them too!?

EDIT:
nope lol

I think we just found the answer to your problems.
Page 1 of 3