Im in a bit of a bind here. I want a singlecut guitar since all of my guitars are double cuts. I want either a PRS Singlecut (SC250 or Singlecut Trem) or a Gibson Les Paul. The Les Paul I am interested in is the new Slash Signature Standard. It has a sick finish and the pickups I want to play the stuff I normally play, but the PRS has good pickups that let me play nearly anything. The thing is that the Slash LP is a special edition and the PRS's I could get anytime. I want to get one of each in the future and I want one for the summer because I'm gonna be recording my album this summer. So which should I go for: the Slash Sig because it has sweet tone and is special edition or the PRS because I like how they play compared to the newer Gibsons and they have very versatile pickups?

P.S. I play stuff like Guns n' Roses, Pearl Jam and Eric Clapton.

Help me out here!
Thats a toughy... id probably fall for the Gibson, both guitars sound really good, but the Slash sig is so much sexier
Guitar Gear: (Best To Crappiest)
1) Gibson Les Paul Studio Premium Plus (Must Have)
2) Line 6 Flextone III XL (Go With The Triple Rectifier Setting)
4)Schecter Gryphon (Coil Tapper)
3)Fender Lite Ash Tele (Sweet Finish)
4Zoom Fire-18 Amp
I would take the Slash sig since, as you said, it's a limited edition model and there will only be 1500 made. You can get the Singlecut anytime.

Another reason is you can get the Singlecut used for a lot cheaper, while the Slash probably wont be on the used market for a year or two.
High as tits
You could get the PRS, and buy SD Alnico II Pros, or whatever are in the Slash sig. Just keep the PRS Stock Pickups, if you ever want to go back.
Quote by darkstar2466
Bigfoot.... The Abominable Snowman.... Chinese Democracy.... all stories, nothing more.

Quote by Roedy0309
Im in a bit of a bind here. I want a singlecut guitar since all of my guitars are double cuts. I want either a PRS Singlecut (SC250 or Singlecut Trem) or a Gibson Les Paul. The Les Paul I am interested in is the new Slash Signature Standard. It has a sick finish and the pickups I want to play the stuff I normally play, but the PRS has good pickups that let me play nearly anything. The thing is that the Slash LP is a special edition and the PRS's I could get anytime. I want to get one of each in the future and I want one for the summer because I'm gonna be recording my album this summer. So which should I go for: the Slash Sig because it has sweet tone and is special edition or the PRS because I like how they play compared to the newer Gibsons and they have very versatile pickups?

P.S. I play stuff like Guns n' Roses, Pearl Jam and Eric Clapton.

Help me out here!

I base my choice primarily on that part.

Get the Gibson now, and a PRS later.
PRS is easily worth what you're paying for.
Dissonance is Bliss

Signal Chain:
Carvin CT-4
Ibanez TS-9
Carvin Quad-X
TC Electronics G-Major
Mesa/Boogie 2:90
Ear Candy BuzzBomb

Member #4 of the Carvin Club
Might get a better deal and better guitar from Carvin. Check them out.
Play them both, and decide which you like better.

If you like the PRS more, then ask yourself if you are willing to pay for a guitar that you like less merely for the collector's value.
Dyer's Eve is awesome, and has an abnormally large penis, which doesn't act as any hinderance to his everyday life despite its freakishly large size.
For unrivaled obedience, user King_ofKumbucha is awarded this spot of honor.
so you want both eventually, and 1 is a limited model where the other is not.
Its obvious isnt it? Get the limited Gibson now, get a PRS later if you still want to.
Gear
Gibson Les Paul std faded, Godin LG
Marshall jcm900
Keeley ds1, maxon od808, boston tu500, RMC Wizard
get the prs, theyre really good guitars from my experience, but the slash sig is just a gimmick to make a bunch of money because gibson knows there are a lot of people obsessed with slash
Quote by Meths
I respect and value your opinion.

Just kidding. You're a fucking retard.

Quote by Pr0gNut
You want to strap a bunch of used mattresses to the walls?

Why not just roll around naked in medical waste while you're at it?

Quote by the_perdestrian
medical waste isn't free on craigslist
PRS = Teh PWnz over Gibson.
But, I'm a PRS fanboy and a Slash non-fanboy, so it's kind of biased
R.I.P. Charles Michael "Evil Chuck" Schuldiner
B. May 13 1967 - D. December 13 2001

Quote by eggsandham2
cuz ppl hate how power metal they are cuz they think its "gay" or w.e, which is immature and dirogitory
id say the prs
MAIN GUITARS:
PRS Single Cut Trem
Ibanez PGM-301
Rickenbacker 650D
Jackson RR5
Taylor 12 String acoustic
Yamaha RBX 5string bass
MAIN AMP:
Hughes And Kettner Trilogy w/ 4x12 HnK cab
not quite
Quote by Meths
I respect and value your opinion.

Just kidding. You're a fucking retard.

Quote by Pr0gNut
You want to strap a bunch of used mattresses to the walls?

Why not just roll around naked in medical waste while you're at it?

Quote by the_perdestrian
medical waste isn't free on craigslist
Quote by Doodleface
PRS is easily worth what you're paying for.

+ long number
Quote by Slaytanic1993
But, I'm a PRS fanboy and a Slash non-fanboy, so it's kind of biased

I love the PRS's also but the Slash signature looks sick and it has the pickups id want and also i like how the custom and standard lp's play

but 9 times out of 10 id get a prs but this is that one time
Get the prs. Les paul's aren't even close in playability. I'm a little biased as well since I own a prs, but they are the better guitar. I've only played one les paul i've liked though and it was $5000.
Quote by Steve The Plank
I'd go for the PRS. I don't want someone else's name on my guitar, or to be seen as a wannabe.

The PRS says "PAUL REED SMITH" on it... .
High as tits
Quote by uldhppi
Might get a better deal and better guitar from Carvin. Check them out.

Naw man i couldnt do that Id have to play it before buying one
Quote by Suicidal_Brick
The PRS says "PAUL REED SMITH" on it... .

But it doesn't say "Slash"
Don't blame you. I used to own a Carvin for 25 years (was stolen from me.) Best guitar I ever had, so I wouldn't be as uncomfortable ordering one. This said, I ended up with a Les Paul. Since I really wanted the Les Paul sound it made more sense.
Quote by Steve The Plank
I don't want someone else's name on my guitar, or to be seen as a wannabe.

Quote by rymep
But it doesn't say "Slash"

But it does still say Paul Reed Smith, making your statements contradictory, since they both have a name on it...
High as tits
get the prs. it'll be able to do what the les paul does and a hell of a lot more.
Quote by Suicidal_Brick
But it does still say Paul Reed Smith, making your statements contradictory, since they both have a name on it...

Paul Reed Smith is a brand name though, so it's not really the same thing.

I still think the limited edition Slash thing is for posers. PRS would give you way more bang for your buck.
Get what you like better.
My Gear
Edwards E-LP-98LTC
Ibanez RG 321 MH
Jackson DK2M with tonezone
Mesa Mark III
Tech 21 Trademark 10
well you said you plan on getting both...personally i'd get the Gibson first seeing as it's limited edition and the PRS later ...well personally i wouldnt get the PRS at all but hey..