i got a guitar for christmas. how long should i wait to buy one.

p.s. i am not going to buy another one any time soon, i am just wondering.
till you learn about different guitars and the style of music you like to play most so that you can get the one that fits you best not the one that you think looks cool. i didn't buy a guitar for 3 years. it kinda depends on you money situation too.
whenever the **** you want.... i got a PRS SE in early january and ive been GASing for an explorer shaped guitar... since like 2 weeks after i got it...

but probable ill be waiting a loooong time before getting it... im dirty poor
you shouldn't wait until right............now.
Ok, you can buy a new one now.
I plays guitars.
Quote by avenged_Freak
i got a guitar for christmas. how long should i wait to buy one.

p.s. i am not going to buy another one any time soon, i am just wondering.

This is a stupid question... it depends on how much money you make if any and how nice of a guitar you got and how soon you need one.
Honestly, I've been to some guitar forums where there's people there who are like "Yeah. I just ordered a custom shop guitar. While I'm waiting on that one, I ordered another. And while waiting on those two, I just bought a new *insert expensive as hell guitar here*."
buying guitars isnt something you do for the sake of it :P you do it cos the thing youre buying is an asset to your sound/options to play stuff.

so the big question would be: why would you want another guitar?
Gear
Gibson Les Paul std faded, Godin LG
Marshall jcm900
Keeley ds1, maxon od808, boston tu500, RMC Wizard
Quote by Vittu0666
Honestly, I've been to some guitar forums where there's people there who are like "Yeah. I just ordered a custom shop guitar. While I'm waiting on that one, I ordered another. And while waiting on those two, I just bought a new *insert expensive as hell guitar here*."

when you feel you need a new one, and you enjoy playing guitar enough that you feel its a worthwhile investment
Vikings? What Vikings? We are but poor, simple farmers. The village was burning when we got here, and the people must have slain themselves.
Quote by COBHC6
when you feel you need a new one, and you enjoy playing guitar enough that you feel its a worthwhile investment

Couldn't have said it better myself. That's were I am now, going to buy one this spring or the beginning of the summer.
makes me laugh how you ask UG to make simple decisions for you lol

next it will be UG how long should it be before i go to the toilet after i just been
Hit Me With Your Rhythm Stick
you should never buy another guitar!!!!
Quote by RetroGunslinger
this is like comparing a flushing toilet to a hole in the ground
Buy a new guitar when you think you have earned it. I have been playing for about 2 years now and just now moved off of my starter strat copy to an ibanez rg. I got to the point where I thought I earned a new guitar, and had the money. Plus, my old guitar had really sharp frets and would tear up my hands.
I didn't get my Viper 400 until about 2 years after I got my first Squier Strat.
Heads will roll. Throats will be slit. Blood will flow like springs of water.
it´s never too early to look out for new guitars.
President of the Jeff Beck Club(PM me to join)

Sergeant Destroyer Member Of the KISS army

PM sloopy to join
Well, I got my squier strat last summer and I'm going to buy an acoustic this summer, but I doubt I'll be able to afford a new electric anytime soon (as in I don't think I could count the # of years on one hand) due to income issues...being a lack of...
It kind of depends on when you feel you need a better sound. Don't just buy guitars left right and centre for the hell of it.
Quote by J_J

stupid ppl (they're like slinkies, not good for much, but they make you smile when pushed down the stairs)

Quote by Meths

Holy non-gender specific pronoun Batman!

Quote by freakypop

you dont rly play guitar if you dont shred
It's all about how much money you got kickin' around in the guitar budget. I know some phenomenal guitarists with "cheap" guitars.