Right now I'm using epiphone Special II SG [yeah the one w/o a pickguard] and I put pickup covers on it. I'm going to change the pickups and tuners real soon but I'm also looking for ideas on a new electric guitar. I just don't want any tremolos, I'm a string-thru/tune-o-matic bridge kinda guy. I play lots of stuff from 60's ish garage stuff to some more modern metal stuff. Passive pickups are preferred. Looking at anything under $500?
Last edited by Anonymouslyours at Mar 13, 2008,
Don't bother upgrading the SG. Put the money towards a new guitar instead. The Jackson DK2T is a great place to start.
Your genre's pretty vague... how high- output pickups are you thinking? Do you have a preference for body wood, or anyone's tone who you'd like to emulate?
Quote by hrdcorelaxplaya
Your genre's pretty vague... how high- output pickups are you thinking? Do you have a preference for body wood, or anyone's tone who you'd like to emulate?

As high output passives will go.
Woods I don't know a thing about.
Tone wise I'd like anything that can work metal, but still have decent cleans.
Last edited by Anonymouslyours at Mar 13, 2008,
Take a look at Schecter guitars if you can. They have a good number of guitars under your price point that are string-through.
~We Rock Out With Our Cocks Out!: UG Naked Club.~
Once in a blue moon, God reaches down from his lofty perch, points at an infant boy and proclaims, "This one shall have balls carved out of fucking granite."