"I think I've dislocted my penis, can I have an X Ray? Yes, it's GREEN WING!

Page 1 of 2
I haven't seen a thread about this around, so here it is.

The Green Wing Appreciation Thread. This is to express our gratitude to possibly one of the greatest sitcoms ever created. The British answer to Scrubs, but it is far better and far more interesting, with more varied characters, who are - oddly - more believable.

For those who don't know, it is set in a London hospital, it is wonderfully surreal, but it manages to hold this absolute madness well - unlike rubbish like the Boosh.

So, discuss favourite characters, favourite scenes, ask for recommendations and discuss any other issues.
Quote by DrewsGotTheLife
yea man, who ever doesnt like pantera or think they suck doesnt like metal, end of discussion, they changed the freakin world n made history, so don't be sayin they suck, have respect, same goes for machine head n lamb of god cuz their good too
Boosh rocks and you know it love green wing also
Look in my eyes what do you see?
The British answer to Scrubs, but it is far better and far more interesting, with more varied characters, who are - oddly - more believable.

ahhh blasphemy! lol i love scrubs XD

then again i haven't seen many greenwing episodes..... so my opinion is void :P: lolz
Happy birthday Slash
Quote by Shred-Hed
What do you think the odds are that he'll read this...?

Quote by TJ1991
A lot higher than Chinese Democracy ever being released.
scrubs is so stupid, i dont find it funny at all. ill check out this GREEN WING! you speak of..

((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((()
Not. Funny.

It's just "random" all the time. No thought. bleh.
On vacation from modding = don't pm me with your pish
Quote by meh!
Not. Funny.

It's just "random" all the time. No thought. bleh.

That's the thing, it's not random at all.

The whole show is based on the personalities of the characters and how they interact.

Some of it is pants pissingly funny.

The rest is just regular funny.
Quote by freedoms_stain
That's the thing, it's not random at all.

The whole show is based on the personalities of the characters and how they interact.

Some of it is pants pissingly funny.

The rest is just regular funny.

I've seen the show. I saw, I think, the second series? They walk about reacting to everything in "extreme" ways and act in a manner that no one would ever act in. It just doesn't appeal to me, none of it rings true to me and that's what I like in most comedy.
On vacation from modding = don't pm me with your pish
It's surreal comedy that doesnt have to be ****ing stupid like the mighty boosh.

It does have Mark Heap in it though, so of course its going to be great, he's also in Jam. Another really surreal comedy, that doesnt have to be ****ing stupid like the mighty boosh.
Never heard of it here in the states.
Quote by brandooon
Buy both pickups. Rub icyhot on both of them. Sandwich your penis between them and walk to the nearest homeless shelter with your brand new icyhot penis sandwich.
Quote by DanRev
It's surreal comedy that doesnt have to be ****ing stupid like the mighty boosh.

It does have Mark Heap in it though, so of course its going to be great, he's also in Jam. Another really surreal comedy, that doesnt have to be ****ing stupid like the mighty boosh.

It wasn't long ago that it twigged with me that Mark Heap also plays Brian in Spaced. Another piece of British comedy gold.
Scrubs blow.

So, that copy-cat show must blow.

The only good copy cat culture show is The Office.
When the music's over, turn out the lights.

Quote by pencap
i fingerd my girl the other day she got so wet nearly my entier hand was soked after that i ate her up, she blacked out it was awesome
Filmed in Basingstoke Hospital. A place I have spent many lovely hours. Bloody knives.
But yes. Its quite good.
Quote by Steve The Plank
Green Wing is amazing but Black Books is better.

You know your stuff sir.
The damn Brits are copying our shows and trying to pass them off as better.

That felt good to finally be able to say.
I was hoping this was a Trockmorton thread.

Lol@MIT jokes.
Quote by RHCP94
It's an option for the "Which one of E Daws parents are uglier?" thread.
dang
i really wanted to see this
its got tamsyn greig...black book pwned
Last edited by kman123 at Mar 14, 2008,
I love Green Wing

Statham beats all!
Originally posted by Diminishedfaith

6. Lied? Would I?
10. Done LSD? who's she?
17. Cheated on someone? it was an accident, i didnt remember i had the gameshark on.....
41. Been called a *****?yes, they rate me 5 stars...
46. Kissed someone in a moving vehicle?no, i dont have insurance
Quote by ZedLeppy
Scrubs blow.

So, that copy-cat show must blow.

The only good copy cat culture show is The Office.

It's not a copy in any way, the characters are hugely different from the ones in Scrubs, there's no emphasis on medicine in Green Wing like there is in Scrubs - which is good; the characters are better and more interesting.
Quote by DrewsGotTheLife
yea man, who ever doesnt like pantera or think they suck doesnt like metal, end of discussion, they changed the freakin world n made history, so don't be sayin they suck, have respect, same goes for machine head n lamb of god cuz their good too
Quote by MoleMania
I love it, but Why did they have to kill off most of the main characters?

I think it's best to end a comedy series before it becomes stale and repetative.

The best comedy shows usually only run 2-4 seasons in the UK and rarely become crap.
Quote by freedoms_stain
I think it's best to end a comedy series before it becomes stale and repetative.

The best comedy shows usually only run 2-4 seasons in the UK and rarely become crap.

I know, it's both good and annoying, we get twelve golden episodes of Fawlty Towers and The Young Ones, eighteen brilliant episodes of Green Wing and Black Books, fourteen spectacular episodes of Spaced and only four series of Blackadder. And then, we're subjected to over 200 episodes of Friends, 190 of which are crap.

It's the way British sitcoms go, only two or three writers, so they put out a few awesome episodes, in America there are dozens of writers per sitcom, some are always fantastic - Scrubs, South Park (but that has only a few writers) - but most often, hundreds of episodes are churned out, with only a few good ones.
Quote by DrewsGotTheLife
It is ridiculous, but so so funny. And the latest series of the Boosh was fantastic, plus they were great when I saw them live.
Quote by nosushi4you
It doesn't. I like jerking off, but I'm sure as hell not gonna do it with my Dad.
Quote by punkrocker10115
I <3 you!
Yes it is!
Second one to me

Kids, drugs are dangerous. Stay safe.
Quote by freddaahh
I know, it's both good and annoying, we get twelve golden episodes of Fawlty Towers and The Young Ones, eighteen brilliant episodes of Green Wing and Black Books, fourteen spectacular episodes of Spaced and only four series of Blackadder. And then, we're subjected to over 200 episodes of Friends, 190 of which are crap.

It's the way British sitcoms go, only two or three writers, so they put out a few awesome episodes, in America there are dozens of writers per sitcom, some are always fantastic - Scrubs, South Park (but that has only a few writers) - but most often, hundreds of episodes are churned out, with only a few good ones.

Just a shame Blackadder only had two good seasons.
The will to neither strive nor cry,
The power to feel with others give.
Calm, calm me more; nor let me die
Before I have begun to live.

-Matthew Arnold

Arguments are to be avoided; they are always vulgar and often convincing.
Scrubs>Green Wing
Quote by imdeth
This man deserves my +1

+1

Quote by denizenz
Go in peace my son, and teach to the pit dwellers what I have shown unto you.

ಠ_ಠ

XBL: huffy409
Quote by Oli_88
Filmed in Basingstoke Hospital. A place I have spent many lovely hours. Bloody knives.
But yes. Its quite good.

Don't you mean AMAZINGSTOKE?!

Ahem, better than Scrubs. Probably my favourite comedy after Peep Show.
Happy, lost and still unaware.
Quote by Alicee
I gave my brother a hand job. It was weird at first. It was weirder after.

Fender '72 Telecaster Deluxe & Epiphone ES-335 "Dot"
Laney VC15 + Ibanez TS808

I Don't Play Metal.
Quote by happy-and-lost
Don't you mean AMAZINGSTOKE?!

Ahem, better than Scrubs. Probably my favourite comedy after Peep Show.

Blazingsmoke.
I actually hate that place now.
Although the stair set outside the train station was rather fun.

Also, best British sitcoms die after four seasons? Ahem Red Dwarf?
8 seasons.
Does anyone remember Teachers? It was a bit like Green Wing, but they don't show it anymore.
.Brand New.Bright Eyes.This Will Destroy You.

THRRRRRRRREADKILLER!
Quote by Cpt.Jackass
Does anyone remember Teachers? It was a bit like Green Wing, but they don't show it anymore.

I have all four seasons on my On Demand TV function
The will to neither strive nor cry,
The power to feel with others give.
Calm, calm me more; nor let me die
Before I have begun to live.

-Matthew Arnold

Arguments are to be avoided; they are always vulgar and often convincing.
Quote by Dinkydaisy
I have all four seasons on my On Demand TV function

*sulks*

.Brand New.Bright Eyes.This Will Destroy You.

THRRRRRRRREADKILLER!
Quote by Cpt.Jackass

After the main guy left it sucked

By the last season it had like none of the original cast and felt very unfunny.
Green Wing is the greatest comedy of all time...Statham is the best character of all time too
"Oh and I have a cold in my ****!"..Genius
Quote by grenade24
Not gay, but I'd tap that
Quote by Tomme
Green Wing is the greatest comedy of all time...Statham is the best character of all time too
"Oh and I have a cold in my ****!"..Genius

the Statham-Boyce repartee is the funniest thing ever.
I do really like Green Wing, but you can't diss Scrubs. I think Scrubs is more timless than Green Wing.

Also, you dissed the Boosh, which is really good (except the newest season).
"They credited us with the birth of that sort of heavy metal thing. Well, if that's the case, there should be an immediate abortion." - Ginger Baker

Quote by alexlemon2
I've been here long enough, and nobody knows who teh fudge I am

I cry at night
Quote by hippy12
I do really like Green Wing, but you can't diss Scrubs. I think Scrubs is more timless than Green Wing.

Also, you dissed the Boosh, which is really good (except the newest season).

I think they're both timeless programmes, because neither rely on current attitudes and political movements of the time - well, sometimes Scrubs did. I didn't bash Scrubs at all, I love that programme, I've just found more fun in Green Wing; hell I'm about to watch Scrubs in 8mins.

I really hate th Boosh, I find it smug, it tries too hard to be zany when it ends up being boring and really middle of the road. I don't want an argument.

Quote by freedoms_stain
the Statham-Boyce repartee is the funniest thing ever.

It is one of the highlights, the scene when Boyce gets a text and Statham reads it out "Boyce, I want you to cum on my tits" was hilarious, and another one, in which Boyce tricks Statham into admitting really gay things, and then puts a sticker on his tongue with "Homo" written on it, and sticks it out in Alan's peripheral vision.

I only just realised that Alan was Brian in Spaced, he's a fabulous actor.
Quote by DrewsGotTheLife
Page 1 of 2