What are some good beginners songs to play? I can play Come as You Are, the easy version of smoke on the water and thats about it. I dont really like wonderwall btw.

What would be some good beggining songs to play? More Nirvana? Would the White Stripes be okay or too difficult?If I practice 2-3 hours every day, when should I be able to play some Metallica?

Thanks for the help
just start playing metallica metallica was actually the first thing i learned on guitar try to focus on their good work *80's material* metallica is good for beginners to start playing imo it helped me
Dick+strings= owww
After you have been playing for a little bit, try Fade to Black, Seek and Destroy, or One

those were the first Metallica songs I learned
~3.6 billion years of evolutionary progress have led to this post~
Sweet I thought it was going to take much longer!
Right now im only learning the G7 chord, so am I still pretty far away from learning any relatively difficult songs like Ride the Lightning? Can you guys do the solos on Metallica stuff? It seems really hard to do them like Hammet.

Anymore songs suggestions? Theres gotta be more easy songs
Quote by nin3donian
What are some good beginners songs to play? I can play Come as You Are, the easy version of smoke on the water and thats about it. I dont really like wonderwall btw.

Easy version of Smoke on the Water? WTF?! If you can't play that song, then that's really pathetic, even if you're a beginner.

Anyways, try some Black Sabbath and Ozzy stuff (Crazy Train is a good one, it will get your fingers moving).
"I've been visiting a psychiatrist for some time now. He plays mind games. He asks things like 'do you masturbate'? and I say 'do you breathe?'."
Ozzy - 1975
Iron man, Rock you like a hurricane, and maybe throw in the first riff from Panama for a challenge, even though you have to tune it to flat. Try Bark at the moon, as it has nearly the same patterns as Crazy Train. Most of Back in Black is easy, also.
Quote by EddieRhoads
Iron man, Rock you like a hurricane, and maybe throw in the first riff from Panama for a challenge, even though you have to tune it to flat. Try Bark at the moon, as it has nearly the same patterns as Crazy Train. Most of Back in Black is easy, also.

I wouldn't recommend going for Bark at the Moon while at the beginning stage, that riff will be challenging for a beginner. The riff after the chorus and the palm muted runs during the chorus and the aforementioned riff will prove too difficult for a beginner IMO.

A lot of AC/DC is easy to get down, take a look at most of the stuff in their catalogue- specific ones would be Back in Black, Hell's Bells and You Shook Me All Night Long. You can try most Green Day/Nirvana as well depending on your tastes.
HIGH WAY TO HELL by AC/DC

Easiest song to learn its actually easer then smoke on the water.

It's 3 chords A D G
It's A Long Ways To The Top If You Want To Rock & Roll

Guitars: Cort g260 w/Vintage strat pickups, Standard Sg coming soon.

Amps.
Ibanez 10 watt bass amp.
Traynor YCV CLASSIC 40 WATT ALL TUBE AMP 2x10 COMBO.

Pedals
Digitech RP150.
Dead Leaves and The Dirty Ground by the White Stripes is pretty easy.

So is Icky Thump.

And Fell In Love With A Girl.

And pretty much every other White Stripes song
Thanks for the suggestions

Yeah when I said easy one I noticed that my version uses the 6th string only, but my friends use the one with 2 strings. I havent got the tabs to that one yet.
War by Burzum can't get much easyer then that
My Gear
Edwards E-LP-98LTC
Ibanez RG 321 MH
Jackson DK2M with tonezone
Mesa Mark III
Tech 21 Trademark 10
What are some good beginners songs to play?

Try searching. Theres literally a thread every few days regarding good beginner songs.
I definitely am a beginner, but I can tell you that its easy to pick up portions of metallica songs. Yeah, doing the One solo is a LOOOOONG way off. But playing the intro / verse 1 for Sad but True is as easy as any basic guitar lesson.

Almost every Metallica song has some very easy portions, and being able to play them has consistently built up my interest and confidence.

Many also have an easy solo when you're ready for that.
Yeah Metallica does have some easy parts but they still pwn

Can anyone here do the one solo?
I'm sure there are plenty of people around here who can; it seems very hard because you're a beginner, and I felt the same way when I started too. After you've been playing for a while, you'll get comfortable with the licks in the solo and play it more easily than you thought you could. It honestly doesn't take long to learn because it's a lot of repeated licks; it didn't take me long until I was able to do it well. Just keep working at it and you'll be fine.