i'm completley uninformed about half/full stack amps. my question is that my current halfstack has an 8 ohm 4x12 cab rated at 120 watts and a 100watt head with two 4 ohm speaker jacks. first, could i use another 8 ohm cab to have a full stack? second could i use a head with 120 or more watts with my current cab ?

i have a marshall mgx half stack that does what i need for practice jamming and what not but i want to get a tube head for actually gigging out. i'm looking for a 2 channel amp with decent cleans and brutal distortion without having to use a pedal. i've been thinking about a valveking or a bugera 6262, will the valveking have the distortion i need and would either of these amps fry my current cab?
Quote by jw3092
i'm completley uninformed about half/full stack amps. my question is that my current halfstack has an 8 ohm 4x12 cab rated at 120 watts and a 100watt head with two 4 ohm speaker jacks. first, could i use another 8 ohm cab to have a full stack? second could i use a head with 120 or more watts with my current cab ?

i have a marshall mgx half stack that does what i need for practice jamming and what not but i want to get a tube head for actually gigging out. i'm looking for a 2 channel amp with decent cleans and brutal distortion without having to use a pedal. i've been thinking about a valveking or a bugera 6262, will the valveking have the distortion i need and would either of these amps fry my current cab?

i noticed

but seriously as far as i know
you can plug the 4 ohm outputs into the cabs 8 ohm inputs, but there will be some loss in power and volume, so its not really suggested
and i wouldnt suggest a head with more than 120 watts, if you can find one even, it might blow out your speakers
Vikings? What Vikings? We are but poor, simple farmers. The village was burning when we got here, and the people must have slain themselves.