ok so I have an epiphone lespaul and a Marshall valvestate 100.

now i want to buy a marshall jcm 2000 and a gibson lespaul standard. Only i only have the money for one of them right now. So i was wondering which of these two should i buy first to get the best sound possible? Because i don't think i'll be able to afford the other one within a year or so.

thanks!
amp
My live set-up:
72 Tele Custom
TC Electronics Polytune
MXR Dynacomp
deviever Shoe Gazer
Way Huge Red Llama Clone
Effector13 Soda Meiser
Vintage Proco Rat
DOD Buzzbox
Dwarfcraft Robot Devil
EA Tremolo
Lovepedal Pickle Vibe
Traynor YBA-2B
Yeah I would agree the amp. The amp usually (depends on the gutiar and amp combo) gives you just as much tone as the gutiar. Atleast the amp could have more features, like effects ect.
You're an 06er and you still need to ask this question? Amp! Playing a Gibson LP Standard through a Valvestate is illegal in 7 states.
Quote by doctorums
amp

+1

In my experience, amps count for at least 70% of your tone. You can plug a horrid guitar into a $2,000 amp and it will sound 70% good. Add a nice guitar and your pretty much at 100% ( barring technique of course, but then that is another debate altogether! ).
thanks guys

but to answer hrdcorelaxplaya's question; when you're about to put 3gs on an item you want to have as much opinions as you can See everyone here tells me to go with the amp but two guys from two different music stores told me to go with the gibson!!!
amp but buy a somewhat decent guitar with it if you have a starter guitar that way it sounds decent.
Quote by Thedoom
thanks guys

but to answer hrdcorelaxplaya's question; when you're about to put 3gs on an item you want to have as much opinions as you can See everyone here tells me to go with the amp but two guys from two different music stores told me to go with the gibson!!!

That's because they are dumb-heads. You can quote me on that last bit right to their faces if you find it necessary in the not-too distant future.
Quote by Thedoom
thanks guys

That should've been a tip- off. Guys that work at music stores NEVER know what they're talking about. If they did, they'd be on UG.