you need to give us more than that, what are you having trouble doing with them

when Moses brought down the plagues upon Egypt one of them involved Behringer amps

Dont be so humble, your not that great....
well, you can rake your finger across them (or pick) or you can pop them

when Moses brought down the plagues upon Egypt one of them involved Behringer amps

A chord is 3 notes or more played at once I believe. Put your finger on the 3rd fret of the top string and strum the top two strings... 3 times....
Yea to be a chord it has to have at least three notes. Just strum them together at the same time...
Practice it and it will come, it just takes some concerted practice effort.

Not to split hairs here on definitions, but a power chord is made up of two notes, the root and the fifth. Yes, a power chord is really a harmonic interval or dyad, but most of us would consider G5 (a power chord) a chord.

So everyone is right...in a sense...
Quote by wikipedia
Two-note combinations are typically referred to as dyads or intervals.

and the wiki is law

A chord consists of three or more notes that can be arranged in thirds.
What you're playing is not a chord, but a m6, which is just two notes played together.

I'd personally just play the two notes with two of my fingers at the same time, I can't really see the problem.
For long you live and high you fly
But only if you ride the tide
And balanced on the biggest wave
You race toward an early grave.

Ben Hamelech
Quote by BassistGal
What you're playing is not a chord, but a m6, which is just two notes played together.

Also known as a double-stop, correct?
Keep Practising, because powerchords on bass can sound really good if played well.

I sort of use my nails to strum them, which gives a really clean tone. I'll record myself one day perhaps.
Quote by Hammerzeit
Keep Practising, because powerchords on bass can sound really good if played well.

I sort of use my nails to strum them, which gives a really clean tone. I'll record myself one day perhaps.

Ummm.... those aren't powerchords. He had the third fret played.
I <3 bangoodcharlotte

Quote by humperdunk
one time i let my cat has cheezburger. i thought it was pretty funny.
Quote by Mongoose87
Ummm.... those aren't powerchords. He had the third fret played.

Augmented 5th?
Warwick freak of the Bass Militia. PM Nutter_101 to join

Quote by elliott FTW
Damn you and Warwickyness

Quote by ScottB
Quote by CLIFF_BURTON
gm jack knows everything
+1
Quote by gm jack
Augmented 5th?

No such thing.
It's a minor 6th.

Ben Hamelech
Augmented 5ths exist ^
whether its an augmented 5th or minor 6th depends on the note surely?
^ As far as I can recall, it's only acceptable to call intervals that name in a chord situation.
If you'll call this interval an augmented 5th on a test, you'd probably lose points (I've tried), so the common name is minor 6th.

Ben Hamelech
I was simply proving a point. It can be either. It entirely depends upon the context.

However, he was saying it couldn't be a power chord, I just pointed out it could be.
Warwick freak of the Bass Militia. PM Nutter_101 to join

Quote by elliott FTW
Damn you and Warwickyness

Quote by ScottB
Quote by CLIFF_BURTON
gm jack knows everything
+1
Yeh, going with what Jazz_rock_feel said, i reckon itd depend on the notes involved, because what note it is will surely (unless it's an accidental) by chosen according to the key? ie. C to G-sharp is an augmented 5th in the key of c maj, but a minor 6th in c minor, as it would be C to Aflat
I have a book, which is basically identical to those guitar gig-bag chord books for bass. I tend to play chords by racking my thumb, or with a pick, if you can manage it, a kinda triple pop can sound really nice
All I want is for everyone to go to hell...
...It's the last place I was seen before I lost myself

Quote by DisarmGoliath
You can be the deputy llamma of the recordings forum!