Ok I just got an Idea and i wanted to run it by here for before I do something dumb.
I got an old Cry baby wah laying arround and a strat copy im getting in a trade on the way and Ias wondering...
could I put the wah componets inside the guitar and essentially have an onboard wah effect? like take out all the electronics in it and stuff them in the strat. the button would go on it so I cna turn the effect on and off and the thigny that turns like a knob would go on it so I can "rock" the wah with my hand kinda use it as a turny knob. but I think all that **** would work exept where on the wah pedal you have to plug your instrument and amp into it, anyway arround this? at all? any way to make it into an autowah?
thanks.
hopefully you guys dont think im too retarded
oh yeh...its definately possible but maybe not easy though. i have no idea about the auto wah though. that would make it even more complicated than before so idk if that would be a very good idea.
Quote by Peradactyl
alright, off topic but how do i make forum posts

Quote by The_Paranoia
a4lrocker is an offical thread legend.
aha yeah, any clue what I could do about the imputs though? what If i just wired the wahs both imputs to my SG's imput jack? would that kill 2 birds with 1 stone?
well the input jacks are wired with stereo plugs i bet and im thinking you could just put it in there right before the jack on the guitar. im not much good at explaining that type of stuff so i might try to draw it out.
Quote by Peradactyl

Quote by The_Paranoia
aha oh man that would be soo good if you did. then I shall foreve name my guitar after you lol
alright here you go

so basically the hot from the tip of the amplifier part of the wah board goes to the hot on the guitar output. i think. lol. whatever would normally hook to that hot on the output would go to the hot on the tip of the instrument part of the wah. i dont know how exactly the switch would be wired but that is what the other lugs on the wah jacks are for. you dont necessarily need the jacks but i was just using them as a reference so you know where stuff would go. i really hope that makes as much sense to you as it does to me

EDIT: dont forget you need a 9v to run this. beavis audio . com has a great page about stompbox wiring. has diagrams of how to do that and whatnot.
Quote by Peradactyl

Quote by The_Paranoia
Last edited by a4lrocker at Mar 13, 2008,
Quote by Van-Hannam
so.. both jacks hot from the board go to hot to the guitar

right the tip hots on the board go to the output and the other to whatever comes before your output normally.
Quote by Peradactyl

Quote by The_Paranoia
Be alot to stuff into the compartment of a guitar. As the board on crybabies isnt to small and also will need a battery. Just run your guitar output wires to the input on the board and the output on the board to the output jack on guitar. Be tough to have bypass. And be pretty hard to operate if wanted to pick, fret and do wah at the same time.
yeah I know thats why I was wondering about the autowah thing, I just want something messed up to do
Quote by Van-Hannam
yeah I know thats why I was wondering about the autowah thing, I just want something messed up to do

if you didnt want to hack up your guitar or pedal much i think this would be much easier. http://store.guitarfetish.com/onswwamiboco.html it looks kinda cool but i dont think it can do autowah. it more of a what you were going to do with the knob to change the range.
Quote by Peradactyl

Quote by The_Paranoia
All you'd have to do in terms of wiring is remove the wah's input jack and wire it to the volume knob on the guitar. The wah's output jack become's the guitar's output jack as well. Simple.

As for the auto-wah, you'd need to put an envelope filter into the circuit. Since you didn't even know how to wire the wah board to the guitar, I don't recommend you trying it.
Last edited by Invader Jim at Mar 14, 2008,