I'm looking for a good tube that can be played at home and possibly a small gig, ya know? I play mostly classic rock, blues, and blues based rock. I've been looking at the Fender Hot Rod Deluxe and Peavey Classic 30, but I've stumbled upon some reviews about the lack of tone ability, and that's what I'm really after. I play an Epiphone Elitist Les Paul Standard Plus. Anyone have any suggestions?

(I wonder how loud a vox ac15 can really get :S ?)
The peavey classic series is the polar opposite of tone lacking.
Both of those are great amps, but the peavey is more versatile, and has a better drive.
Call me Wes.
Gear:
Fender American Deluxe HSS Strat
Chicago Blues Box Roadhouse
Bad Cat Cougar 5
1957 Gibson GA-5
Ceriatone 18w TMB Combo
Hughes & Kettner Tube Factor
Various Ibanez TS9s
Weber MASS Attenuator
How's about an Orange Tiny Terror + 212 cab? You should stay comfortably under $1000, and it absolutely blows away the Classic 30 if you ask me.
This is my kind of amp question!

Orange tiny terror + Avatar 2x12 cabinet (what I have, HIGHLY recommended)
Peavey Classic 30
Crate Palomino v32
Epiphone Blues Custom 30
Fender Hot Rod Deluxe
Fender Blues Deluxe RI
Peavey Delta Blues
Vox AC15CC1X (alnico blue speaker)
Fender Blues Deville 4x10 RI
Hey TS, I have a Fender Blues Deluxe Reissue amp and it plays wonderfully. The only difference between my amp and the Hot Rod Deluxe is that the Hot Rod has an extra drive channel. Just be careful with these amps becuase they will get REALY loud REAL fast.
Try to find a used Ashdown Fallen Angel combo - the 40 watt is a 1x12 and the 60 watt is a 2x12. I have an FA 60DSP head and two Ashdown cabs and it is amazing for blues and classic rock.
Duh, i keep forgetting about Oranges.
Yeah, get one of those.
Call me Wes.
Gear:
Bad Cat Cougar 5
1957 Gibson GA-5
Ceriatone 18w TMB Combo
Various Ibanez TS9s
Weber MASS Attenuator
http://www.avatarspeakers.com/Contemporary%20212.htm
+
http://cgi.ebay.com/ORANGE-TINY-TERROR-TUBE-HEAD_W0QQitemZ320226811250QQihZ011QQcategoryZ10171QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

I went on youtube and listened to the orange tiny terror a bit and i love it

edit: does the tiny terror come with a switch pedal?

and would i be better off getting an orange cab?
Last edited by scarypete at Mar 13, 2008,
Quote by scarypete
What series?
Vintage Traditional Contemporary

?

I personally have a traditional in orange tolex and wheat grill. But when I bought it from them, they didn't start making the contemporary ones yet. I would probably get the contemporary now. Whatever you get, I recommend a Celestion V30 and a Celestion G12H30 for your speakers. Greenbacks are good too. If you can afford to, two alnico blue's would be incredible... But I doubt that plus the TT would come to under 1000.
sorry for double post
Quote by scarypete
http://www.avatarspeakers.com/Contemporary%20212.htm
+
http://cgi.ebay.com/ORANGE-TINY-TERROR-TUBE-HEAD_W0QQitemZ320226811250QQihZ011QQcategoryZ10171QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

I went on youtube and listened to the orange tiny terror a bit and i love it

edit: does the tiny terror come with a switch pedal?

and would i be better off getting an orange cab?

No, the tiny terror only has one channel so it doesn't need a switch.
Orange cabs are very good, but you wouldn't be able to afford an orange 2x12. You could get an orange 1x12 for the same as an avatar contemporary 2x12. FYI, avatar cabs are amazing quality. I could throw mine off my house and it would be fine
They ship fast too. Great company that's just starting out. I highly recommend the avatar. I haven't used orange cabs, but I honestly don't see how they could be much better than avatar, especially for how much more they cost.
Quote by rush5757
sorry for double post

No, the tiny terror only has one channel so it doesn't need a switch.
Orange cabs are very good, but you wouldn't be able to afford an orange 2x12. You could get an orange 1x12 for the same as an avatar contemporary 2x12. FYI, avatar cabs are amazing quality. I could throw mine off my house and it would be fine
They ship fast too. Great company that's just starting out. I highly recommend the avatar. I haven't used orange cabs, but I honestly don't see how they could be much better than avatar, especially for how much more they cost.

Thanks for all the help! Fairly positive I'll be purchasing them both in the near future.
Definitely a step up from the Fender Hot Rod Deluxe!
^ Awesome! You won't be upset, trust me. We play nearly the exact same music styles and i LOVE mine. It gets so much louder than you'd think! It can drown out my friends 30 watt tube amp he gets so pissed!
Also, if you haven't noticed, all of the knobs on the tiny terror go up to 11 I noticed that a little while ago and thought I'd point it out.
Quote by rush5757
^ Awesome! You won't be upset, trust me. We play nearly the exact same music styles and i LOVE mine. It gets so much louder than you'd think! It can drown out my friends 30 watt tube amp he gets so pissed!
Also, if you haven't noticed, all of the knobs on the tiny terror go up to 11 I noticed that a little while ago and thought I'd point it out.

All that's left is picking the custom colors for the cab! I think I'm getting orange tolex with either a black or silver weave grill.
Also look into the Traynor YCV40's, the WR and Blue as well. Traynor makes great amps for loq prices!
High as tits
Quote by Suicidal_Brick
Also look into the Traynor YCV40's, the WR and Blue as well. Traynor makes great amps for loq prices!

+1
Fender Standard American Stratocaster
Boss DS-1
Budda Budwah
Electroharmonix Small Clone
Vox AD50VT
Quote by Suicidal_Brick

wow...hmm...I think I need to possibly play them both, because I DO want reverb and two channels...

im so easily influenced.
Last edited by scarypete at Mar 13, 2008,
I didnt want to spend up to $1000, so I go teh Fende hot Rod Deluxe. It was btw that and the classic 30. the Fender is a little louder so, I went with it. The drive channel is shameful, however, but I dont ever use it.
^The C30's drive kills Fender's...

To TS: Once again, the Orange/Avatar combo sounds like a great plan.
Oranges pwn, and avatars are great cabs.
Call me Wes.
Gear:
Bad Cat Cougar 5
1957 Gibson GA-5
Ceriatone 18w TMB Combo
Various Ibanez TS9s
Weber MASS Attenuator
Quote by darkarbiter7
^The C30's drive kills Fender's...

To TS: Once again, the Orange/Avatar combo sounds like a great plan.
Oranges pwn, and avatars are great cabs.

obv., but like i said, the fender is a but more gig worthy. I coudlnt even find a classic 50 when I was buying. If i could od it all over again i would.