What is a good metal amp with decent cleans that I can get under $800, but is still in production?
Peavey ValveKing.
Quote by lespaul#1
Indie stands for Industrial I think, like Marilyn Manson.

Ibanez RG2EX2 (Dimarzio Breed in bridge)
Epiphone Les Paul 100
Laney LV300T
Line 6 Toneport GX

The Falling Object Model
I heard those things aren't that great. Any other suggestions?

Quote by acdcrocks0323

Why does it have to be in production?

Because I got so freakin' frustrated when I found a Peavey XXX 112 60 Watt for only $500, and I was too late in buying it.
VALVE KING VALVE KING VALVE KING

But, yeah, anyway..I love my valveking Purty Good metal sound can come out of it Not the best cleans though...
My Gear:
Yamaha FGX720SCA
Quote by acdcrocks0323
Valvekings are all right, nothing special. I suggest the Mesa F-50 or B-52 AT-112 for your best bets.

.............the F series doesn't go nearly heavy/tight/brutal enough for modern metal.

If you're looking for something that will actually create a direct relationship between the number of pinch harmonics comming out of your amp to the amount of dead woodland creatures within a 10 mile radius of your rig, check out the 5150, 6505
( both used under $800 ), or the Bugera 6260 series heads if you wanna buy new ( basically 5150 clones ).
Quote by neon10th
I heard those things aren't that great. Any other suggestions?

Im sure your friends told you to get a MARSHALL MG HALFSTACK or a blistering LINE 6 HALF STACK, right?

Who the hell told you a 5150, B-52 AT112, Mesa F, or a RG50TC was bad? They probably dont even own a tube amp.
Epiphone G-400
GFS Crunchy PAF - Bridge

DigiTech Bad Monkey
iSP Decimator

New Amp Fund: Depleted
Randall G3 RH150.

CT
Could I get some more talent in the monitors, please?

I know it sounds crazy, but try to learn to inhale your voice. www.thebelcantotechnique.com

Chris is the king of relating music things to other objects in real life.
I have to be another to recommend B-52 AT112 or AT212, Peavey 5150/6505, or Valveking. The Valveking may need a little help to get extreme gain, but not the B-52 or 5150/6505.
Peavey VK112
Fish&Chips EQ
Ibanez TS9DX
Jackson Warrior JS30 upgraded EMG 81/85
Epiphone Silverburst 1966 Reissue G-400
Washburn D12N

Playing since 03-11-07
........Uber Noob Skillz
+1 for the B-52 AT-series. The 100W model has better cleans, but it's just so damn loud. Then again, 60W isn't much quieter.

The Peaveys don't have very good cleans. They do, however, have great gain channels.
Click for charity.

Pidgeot of the Pokemon Club
PM Calebrocker to join.

92% of UGers jump on annoying bandwagons. Don't put this in your sig if you're one of the 8% with an opinion.
+1 on the ValveKing

The Windsor isn't bad either, but it's kind of a love it or hate it kind of thing.
Nope, no sig here.
If you get the 5150 or 6505, do not get the combo..it was terrible in my opinion.it had really loose messy distortion. Swapped it for a 6505+ head and 2x12 today and it was a night and day difference.
Gibson Les Paul Custom
Fender American Tele

F/S:
Orange Rockerverb 50
Orange PPC412
I played through a Valveking half-stack today, and it had some pretty good gain, I didn't have enough time to investigate it completely or try out the clean channel, but its gain was pretty good, nothing too special. The volume on that thing was INSANE though, you will have absolutely no volume issues with that, and GC had it at $520 I think.
Got a question about Baritone guitars? Feel free to PM me.

Thanks to UG, I converted from Metalcore to some "real" Metal.
Quote by mike.h
Im sure your friends told you to get a MARSHALL MG HALFSTACK or a blistering LINE 6 HALF STACK, right?

Who the hell told you a 5150, B-52 AT112, Mesa F, or a RG50TC was bad? They probably dont even own a tube amp.

Oh sorry the guy above me replied while I was typing. I replied to the guy who said to get the ValveKing. I heard the amps you listed were great amps.
Last edited by neon10th at Mar 14, 2008,
Vox Valvetronix XL series were designed specifially for high gain type music and are affordable as hell, look into those I would suggest.
I'd say your top option are the b-52, bugera 6260 or 333xl.

On a side note, does anyone know the difference between the "at" and the "st" series b-52s?
my b52 is available if you are still interested.
Gibson Explorer
Jackson Soloist SL3
Orange Tiny Terror
Mesa 2x12
Quote by lumberjack
.............the F series doesn't go nearly heavy/tight/brutal enough for modern metal.

If you're looking for something that will actually create a direct relationship between the number of pinch harmonics comming out of your amp to the amount of dead woodland creatures within a 10 mile radius of your rig, check out the 5150, 6505
( both used under $800 ), or the Bugera 6260 series heads if you wanna buy new ( basically 5150 clones ).

The F-50 has plenty of gain if you're a good player. If you're kind of sloppy, no, it doesn't have enough gain to let the notes flow into one another.

90% of people with high end high gain tube amps use an OD anyway.
Major of 7 String Legion 7 > 6

Carvin DC747
Ibanez RG2228
Schecter Avenger Custom Shop
and my baby....
Gibson Explorer Studio
Quote by I Be Andyy
VALVE KING VALVE KING VALVE KING

But, yeah, anyway..I love my valveking Purty Good metal sound can come out of it Not the best cleans though...

they aren't that great if you've played better amps. I sold my 212. too lifeless for a tube amp. I thought the cleans were the best part of the amp.

and $500 for a Peavey XXX 112 combo? give me a break! I've seen plenty of used ones going for $300-ish.
Jumping Jax Champion 1965!
I would recomend a randall rh150 g3 thats what i own and it gives me a perfect metal tone, and its not to expensive. I think you can get the halfstack for around $800.
Quote by saltysnail

On a side note, does anyone know the difference between the "at" and the "st" series b-52s?

The Bugera's sound nice,,, but I've heard they have a lot of quality control issues, so be wary of that.
Get a JSX off ebay. They go for around seven hundred there. Plus, it's one of the best amps you'll ever buy for any price.
Quote by JG.
Vox Valvetronix XL series were designed specifially for high gain type music and are affordable as hell, look into those I would suggest.

They are also muddy as hell, I like the regular Vox AD's better.
Quote by saltysnail

The AT stands for All Tube, while the ST is solid state I'm pretty sure.
Quote by El Codyo
The AT stands for All Tube, while the ST is solid state I'm pretty sure.

The ST is tube.
RIP Jasmine You.

Lieutenant of the 7-string/ERG Legion

Quote by FaygoBro420
Yo wassup, I'm trying to expand my musical horizons if you know what I mean, so can anybody reccomend me some cool Juggalo jazz?
yeah I think they are tube as well. I heard they aren't that good though.
Gibson Explorer
Jackson Soloist SL3
Orange Tiny Terror
Mesa 2x12
The LG is the only solid state B-52 amp
Epiphone G-400
GFS Crunchy PAF - Bridge

DigiTech Bad Monkey
iSP Decimator

New Amp Fund: Depleted