http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=0L869HY22sY

I came across this video today on youtube and I thought it was really cool. I was wondering if anyone had any clues as to what this guy all did to his SD1 and how he managed to fit it back in. From what I can see he did true bypass and he used the original switch to kick on a boost of some sort. I don't understand what he's saying but I'd really like to mod my SD1 to be like that. Any one have any other ideas as to what he may have done to the circuit?
Current Gear:
ESP LTD MH-250
Ibanez rg470
Peavey ValveKing 112
Blackheart little giant head
2 homemade 112 cabinets
Boss SD-1
the 3 knobs on the left side are an EQ [high mid and low]

its in Japanese if that helps. if you know anyone that could translate or somthing
R.I.P. Frank Zappa R.I.P. Hideto Matsumoto and nowR.I.P. Rick Wright

It doesn't take words to make love
You be the flower, I'll be the bee
That wasn't love, they were just words
You be the heart, I'll be the arrow
Hes true bypassed it....the 3 toggles seem quite useless. I could not hear that much of a difference.

He just took components in the signal chain that are semi important and put pots or switches on them.

A lot of that clear crisp tone is coming from his amp me thinks.
I'm more interested in the boost that he put in it I thought that was really quite cool how he had the true bypass and the pedal as a boost. what components could i change to get that boosted sound. if it's eq that he was going for on the side it seems quite useless. I liked the more distorted sound that he was getting it was like a step above what the sd-1 is capable of doing.
Current Gear:
ESP LTD MH-250
Ibanez rg470
Peavey ValveKing 112
Blackheart little giant head
2 homemade 112 cabinets
Boss SD-1