Ive had my guitar for a while and I am using Power Tab for songs to learn and I am just wonder if this song is something a beginner could learn and do relatively well at. I would also like to know any other metal songs that a beginner can have a little bit of a challenge with but still play.
Oh yeah if you know any my favorite bands would be: Metallica, Pantera, Trivium, Green Day, Children of Bodom, and Venom.
Any advice or help is appreciated.

THanks.

PS. I am TERRIBLE with chords.
Last edited by Palidore at Mar 13, 2008,
well i can't think of any relitivly easy songs by those bands except the stuff on green day's 1039/smoothed out slappy hour cd

especially check out the songs paper lanterns, dry ice, and the judge's daughter, the solo's are challanging for a begninner but the rest of the song is pretty easy
Learn Walk, then get the mandatory Enter Sandman down, then try Seek and Destroy.
Eschquipment:
Epiphone SG400
Peavy Vypr 30 watt
Dean Vendetta XM

and thats about it...
welcome home (sanitarium).....fade to black....sad but trues pretty easy too....im glad every1 loves metallica as much as i do...good band to get into though...they have simple riffs complex riffs simple solos and rippin solos...but id learn ur chords though...theyll help u alot....
my gear lol:
a crappy cheap aria pro II
a patch chord that only werks when i jiggle it
and a pure static amp
Quote by Ichimaru
You can play Classical Gas after a year? I think we have a prodigy on our hands.

Quote by UncleCthulhu
Sweep picking after only 1 year of playing? O_o
Where the hell did green day come from man?You might wanna try seek and destroy excluding the solo.
MY GEAR
Ibanez SA160QM
Laney HCM10
Squier Bullet Strat
MXR Carbon Copy
Zoom Tri Metal
Modtone Flanger(mini)
EHX LPB-1
Korg Pitchblack
Timtone acoustic
If you're terrible with chords you need to forget tabs and songs for a while and get better at them. Chords and riffs derived from chord shapes are the core buliding blocks of rhythm guitar - if you don't know chords well then you'll struggle to learn or play most things.
Actually called Mark!

Quote by TNfootballfan62
People with a duck for their avatar always give good advice.

...it's a seagull

Quote by Dave_Mc
i wanna see a clip of a recto buying some groceries.

stuffmycatswatchontv.tumblr.com
For Whom The Bel Tolls-very easy.
Current situation:
Proud owner of Jackson JS30RR and Roland Cube 30X
Quote by steven seagull
If you're terrible with chords you need to forget tabs and songs for a while and get better at them. Chords and riffs derived from chord shapes are the core buliding blocks of rhythm guitar - if you don't know chords well then you'll struggle to learn or play most things.

+1
Quote by SkyValley
Kids keep having sex younger and younger these days. Eventually kids will be born without their virginity and their first words will be "bow chicka bow wow."
Oops I meant to say that I dont like chords. I dont like them because i have a coordination disorder (cannot handwrite very bad motor skills), I have a music class at my school that i take and we learn most of the major and minor forms of chords but I usually struggle with switching on higher beat songs because I am a little slower with chords than other things.
Like I can do hammer-ons and pull-offs easily so i usually try getting my teacher to let me do lead stuff instead of the rhythm because of my disorder.
well most metallica songs use power chords in which case you hardly ever change the shape in which you hold your hand.....eg....first and third finger....cuz all power chords that don't begin with an open string look the same......Am I making sense? Let me start over......power chords don't change finger patterns that much.....only two different finger patterns......so changing won't be that hard....just slide your hand up and down the neck and no matter what notes you land on, as long as your fingers are still making the same shape, you'll be playing a power chord.
8th member of Right-handed guitarists who are actually Left-handed group.

Quote by freedoms_stain
Although when it comes to quality Metallica take a big steaming turd on the Spice Girls faces (and you know the ginger one is loving it)...
Metallica has some easy stuff that's really fun....If you have a bassist friend and another guitarist friend you can all play For Whom The Bell Tolls since it all has it's little part for each person.....
Quote by Fat Lard
Why would you spend tens of thousands of dollars to learn about a language you already speak? It was over before it even started dude

Quote by captainsnazz
brot pls
Quote by Palidore
Oops I meant to say that I dont like chords. I dont like them because i have a coordination disorder (cannot handwrite very bad motor skills), I have a music class at my school that i take and we learn most of the major and minor forms of chords but I usually struggle with switching on higher beat songs because I am a little slower with chords than other things.
Like I can do hammer-ons and pull-offs easily so i usually try getting my teacher to let me do lead stuff instead of the rhythm because of my disorder.

In my experience chord work is a lot easier than lead - and even if you struggle to play more complex ones you still should learn to recognise them and understand how they work.
Actually called Mark!

Quote by TNfootballfan62
People with a duck for their avatar always give good advice.

...it's a seagull

Quote by Dave_Mc
i wanna see a clip of a recto buying some groceries.

stuffmycatswatchontv.tumblr.com