I recently restrung by Strat from a righty to a lefty. I realized my top E and A string kept going out of tune by the nuts and bolts on the top of the neck by the tuners. When i did that the E string keeps slipping of the fretboard whenever I strum. Is there anything i cna do to fix this.

Sorry about my lack of vocabulary but im a beginner.
Quote by fightoffyourdem
I recently restrung by Strat from a righty to a lefty. I realized my top E and A string kept going out of tune by the nuts and bolts on the top of the neck by the tuners. When i did that the E string keeps slipping of the fretboard whenever I strum. Is there anything i cna do to fix this.

Sorry about my lack of vocabulary but im a beginner.

1. When you did what? Restrung it?

2. Do you mean out of tune, as in the pitch changed, or something else (just wondering because of the rest of the sentence)?

3. Do you mean it comes out of the little notch between the neck and the headstock?

4. I'm not really sure what the problem is because of slight sense-making issues, but I think you might have to take it in to get it set up.
Quote by J_J

stupid ppl (they're like slinkies, not good for much, but they make you smile when pushed down the stairs)

Quote by Meths

Holy non-gender specific pronoun Batman!

Quote by freakypop

you dont rly play guitar if you dont shred
You will need to get a new lefty nut for the guitar. Flipping it wont fix it. Then get it set up at a shop.