what the differene between a slicer and heavy tremlo?
Quote by gregs1020
Brett has been saving for a splawn for 4 years
countries have been toppled in the time it's taking, revolutions won got a black pres

yawn

Quote by bubb_tubbs
When he finally gets one it'll probably be televised like the Berlin Wall coming down.
The end of an era
Quote by papersun87
Looks like it's for the post-rock and noise music crowd.

Crap, I'm going to have to get one now.
ESP LTD EC-256 and a Fender Deluxe VM
Quote by Bostonrocks
what the differene between a slicer and heavy tremlo?

+1
ADELOS
POP PUNK
for fans of...

Motion City Soundtrack, Get Up Kids, Jimmy Eat World, Transit, Brand New, Dashboard Confessional, Early November, Fall Out Boy, Jawbreaker, Polar Bear Club, The Story So Far, the Wonder Years, Something Corporate.
Neat, but not terribbly useful for most guitarists. Neat with a keyboard or midi setup, but if you have a good synth or midi rig, it would be redundant.
Quote by Bostonrocks
what the difference between a slicer and heavy tremolo?

A slicer cuts the signal in and out as opposed to fading in and out. Think Tom Morello style kill switch type stuff. Naturally this can be adjusted to varying degrees using a variety of parameters. Also some slicer effects give you the option of different rhythmic patterns and stereo panning options.

Quote by the.spine.surfs
Neat, but not terribly useful for most guitarists. Neat with a keyboard or midi setup, but if you have a good synth or midi rig, it would be redundant.

I use a slicer effect in my rig and it's actually surprisingly accessible and easy to incorporate in a variety of situations. Putting a slicer in pedal form makes good sense to me. All of a sudden you don't need to spend the money on a Midi rig to gain access to the effect. Real time control of a slicer is the main reason I built a Kaoss guitar. Now I have the option of using the Kaoss Pad on other programs while using an expression pedal to modulate a (more capable I might add) slicer.
ESP LTD EC-256 and a Fender Deluxe VM