I just got a neckthrough ibanez rg all white. Its real beautiful, but the best part is the neck. Model is RGT42dx. The next is the fastes neck I have ever played. I though my HB30 semihollow was fast. I know its funny to say I though a semihollow was fast, but it was faster than many esp, deans, and gibsons. But this rg is just like a jem. Its realy damn fast.

I like it better than the jem. After the pickup upgrade that is. I mean this one is mahogany and neckthrough unlike even the percious jem. And its beautiful.

What do you guys think of these guitars.
Last edited by nyandres at Mar 13, 2008,
1. Um...huh?

There is a spelling checker, you know. Also, "Ibanez is the best necks" is rather nonsensical. A fitting title, though.
Quote by J_J

stupid ppl (they're like slinkies, not good for much, but they make you smile when pushed down the stairs)

Quote by Meths

Holy non-gender specific pronoun Batman!

Quote by freakypop

you dont rly play guitar if you dont shred
i prefer ESP, but yeah ibanez's are great guitars if you're on budget, or if you have a lot of money, but there really isnt and middle ground

like a $400 ibanez will beat out all the other guitars in that price range, and a $1600 will be pretty awesome, but you could get a better guitar for 700- 1400 from another company i.e. ESP, Dean, Gibson, etc

if that makes any sense
Staff Sergeant of The Megadeth Military
PM BlackicN to join

Archbishop of Zeppelinism
PM heartbreaker

Gear
Guitars
ESP LTD MH1000
Fender 50th Anniversary Strat
81 Gibson SG
Parker PM20
Amps
Fender Hotrod Deluxe
Roland Cube 60x
Quote by demonmouse500
1. Um...huh?

There is a spelling checker, you know. Also, "Ibanez is the best necks" is rather nonsensical. A fitting title, though.

I did that on purpose, but I guess it's not as clever a title as I thought.
Quote by guitargod21136
i prefer ESP, but yeah ibanez's are great guitars if you're on budget, or if you have a lot of money, but there really isnt and middle ground

like a $400 ibanez will beat out all the other guitars in that price range, and a $1600 will be pretty awesome, but you could get a better guitar for 700- 1400 from another company i.e. ESP, Dean, Gibson, etc

if that makes any sense

But i mean the body and neck

The electronics can be upgraded. But I had never played a neck that was so fast. The pickups are alright but I upgraded them the same week and now they are awesome. It was $700, edge II tremolo (pretty good system), NECK THROUGH, Mahogany bodym maple neck. I can't think of a better value. With the pickup upgrade is much like the jackson soloist. but with a faster neck.
I think most ibanez's are okay, but a few of them are great, such as the Jem, and the paul gilbert sig.
ALWAYS

WANNA BE WITH YOU,
MAKE BELIEV
E WITH YOU,
AND L
IVE IN HARMONY, HARMONY,

OH, LOOVE!
Are Ibanez necks similar to Fender's necks? I haven't had the chance to try out an Ibanez yet
www.myspace.com/nirvana_rox_ryda_j

Quote by Ovenman
Women don't sh*t.
There's no toilet in the kitchen.

Quote by Yan Yan
!

This thread was made back when i had my old 06 account.

Fender C-necks are narrower than Wiz II, but equally if not "faster" IMO. Some people think fast=thin neck but it's your hand's preference.
No man is your friend, no man is your enemy, but every man is your teacher.

When he asked for John Myung, John Myung said:"Who the hell is John Myung?"

Proud User of Ibanez, Korg, Rocktron, ENGL