i need a good bass amp but for not a lot of money. i was thinking the fender rumble 60. its $250 and can wake the neighbors, thats about all i need.
Quote by IndianRockStar
You need more than 60 watts. If you play with other people, you'll want more watts. Fact.

Yep.

And I really dont think 60 watts of bass would really wake up the neighbors. Just your parents/roommates.
I have a Rumble 60 for practicing by myself, and it can actually throw out a good deal of sound. My main gripe with it is a relative lack of tonal control.
If you're gonna be playing with other people, seriously consider the Ashdown EB-12. It has a low input for practice and a high one for live performances/jamming. Plus the tone sounds great!!!
Quote by Pink Muse
I have a Rumble 60 for practicing by myself, and it can actually throw out a good deal of sound. My main gripe with it is a relative lack of tonal control.

Which is the main reason I stay away from Rumble amps, they sound incredibly "meh" to me.

60 Watts won't wake the neighbors and won't be heard over a drummer. I can barely be heard with 150W over my drummer. Granted he's a bit on the aggressive side, but you really need to get in the triple digit range to be heard above the din.