Hey guys been gone a while but i'm back with a question.
What do u guys think is the best suited brand of bass for slappin me personally i like warwick but thats just my opinion whats yours?
Quote by i(ncubus)play
Stingray

+1

and a jazz...but i only like them if there like the super top of the line ones...my friend has one of the 60th anniversary ones...holy shiz

when Moses brought down the plagues upon Egypt one of them involved Behringer amps

Dont be so humble, your not that great....
Music Man Bongo is the best bass for slap, go to a shop and see why
I'll lay waiting, just waiting for my time to come
Warwick.

See what you're gonna get? Opinions. There's no definite right/wrong answer, you're going to have to make an opinion for yourself.
In the bass chat:

<Jon> take the quote of me out your sig plx
<Jon> i hate seeing what i said around lol

Leader of the Bass Militia PM to join!

And now on BANDCAMP!

Officially the funniest member of the Bass Forum.
I play slap on my Ibanez and I think a Stingray sounds good (as do most humbucker basses) for slap.

*looks furtively right and left, then whispers*

I also think slap sounds decent on my Pbass, but don't tell anyone...
The ultimate pickup combination: humbucker/jazz. A chunkyish neck and resonant body...I'll take either my ATK400 or a Warwick FNA please!
Anything with an active preamp and a bridge humbucker (read: NOT A SINGLE COIL). Preferably JUST a bridge humbucker (gives you sloppy ass slappers some screwin' up room).
Quote by Cody_Grey102
I was looking at a used Warwick Vampyre LTD 5'er for about $200. I went home to grab my wallet and came back and some jerk with an epic beard got it already..
Quote by anarkee
I play slap on my Ibanez and I think a Stingray sounds good (as do most humbucker basses) for slap.

I am openly willing to admit I like the song of slapping my fretless P-Bass. But, that's probably just me.
I <3 bangoodcharlotte

Quote by humperdunk
one time i let my cat has cheezburger. i thought it was pretty funny.
Quote by anarkee

I can get (what I think is) a pretty decent slap tone out of my P-Bass, it's not your stereotypical slap sound but it's still good.
Quote by Bumper
Looks like you had a big bowl of Downs Syndrome for breakfast.

Member of the Bass Militia, PM Nutter_101 to join

Lover of Ashdown? Join the Ashdown Army!
Yeah gonna have to agree with Fitz, the humbucker is the way to go. When I was borrowing that Stinger, I got some AMAZING slap tones - especially with the GK's decibel pad.

Although my Ergodyne, despite itself, is pretty good for slap. Can't get that deep guttural sound as from the Stinger, but it gives you a different kind of clear-sounding slap. Also carved for slap, interestingly.

Though I have tried it on a Jazz a couple times in the shop, and that had, well, the great signature Jazz sound. Man. I need to get better at finding flaws in things.

What's the opposite of cynical? Naive? I guess I'm naive then.
Les Claypool
Geddy Lee
Robert DeLeo
Flea

Weileder

...Coincidence? I think not.
I've always been partial to the sound of Warwick slap. I definately prefer the sound of a jazz to that of a stingray, but I find the slap on a Warwick (Corvette standard or a Thumb) to just have an edge on a jazz.
Warwick freak of the Bass Militia. PM Nutter_101 to join

Quote by elliott FTW
Damn you and Warwickyness

Quote by ScottB
Quote by CLIFF_BURTON
gm jack knows everything
+1
I like a good Jazz for slap, but humbuckers give a slightly better tone. The Jazz 24, with more frets, might give a different sound... I'll have to try that baby out some time.

Also, "One Of These Days" is rudimentary slap on a P-bass, and sounds great.