hmmm well im not sure if we get too many of these forums at a guitar website, but alas i have no where else to turn at the moment....

so my question is, what is a good synthesizer, i need to be able to hook up to computers (preferably macs) and interface with programs like garage band, and logic pro, and any software instruments that i may have installed on the computer.
Vala: 1987 Stratocaster Plus
Dargie: MM Stingray 5 HS Dargie Delight 1 of 15
Buttercream (for now): Stingray 4 HH ltd. 2005 Buttercream
Rose: Bongo 5 HH Fretless Candy Apple Red

Dargie Delight Aholic of the Bass Militia, PM Dinkydaisy to join
just wondering...i have a regular electric keyboard, that i think has a midi port, would it be possible to interface that with my mac, and play the software instruments through the keyboard? or do i have to have a snyth?
Vala: 1987 Stratocaster Plus
Dargie: MM Stingray 5 HS Dargie Delight 1 of 15
Buttercream (for now): Stingray 4 HH ltd. 2005 Buttercream
Rose: Bongo 5 HH Fretless Candy Apple Red

Dargie Delight Aholic of the Bass Militia, PM Dinkydaisy to join
If you're just using it to trigger sounds in your software, all you need is any keyboard with midi. Sounds like what you have should work just fine.

CT
Could I get some more talent in the monitors, please?

I know it sounds crazy, but try to learn to inhale your voice. www.thebelcantotechnique.com

Chris is the king of relating music things to other objects in real life.
Like CT said.

Check out yout local music instrument store, for MIDI keyboards. They are designed for one purpose. To use in combination with PC (Either Windows, or Mac, but you'll have to look into specifications. Usually there fit for both.

For mor information just ask at the counter. But you are definitely looking for: MIDI keyboards
A synth has nothing to do with triggering programs. Like everyone said, your keyboard should work but only if you have a midi input on your computer which you probably don't. In that case it would cheaper to pickup a midi-controller with USB for like $50-100USD then to buy a midi-capable pc card. Hope it helps
Gear:
Inflatable Guitar
Digitech GSP 2101/Mosvalve 962/Yamaha S412V
My Imagination
Most stock soundcards have an input for a joystick or whatever gaming controller. That is, in fact, a midi port. It's just a different shape. You can buy an adapter to go from a standard midi plug to a game controller port.

CT
Could I get some more talent in the monitors, please?

I know it sounds crazy, but try to learn to inhale your voice. www.thebelcantotechnique.com

Chris is the king of relating music things to other objects in real life.