I was playing Number of the Beast at an even faster tempo than they play it (also other songs) and was wondering do you guys for fun ever play songs at faster tempos?

For example do you play 16th notes as 24th notes just to get faster or to have fun?
Why does Yngwie Malmsteen have some tabs saying 24th notes then if they don't exist.
Why would you look at Malmsteen's tabs ? That guy eats too much cheesecake and pizza anyway.
My gear:
-Ibanez JS 6000 Custom w/ 11-48 gauge
-Ibanez FGM 400BB w/ 10-46 gauge
-Peavey 6505 2x12 Combo
-MXR Phase 90
-Boss DD-6 Digital Delay
-Morley Wah/Volume Pro Series II
-Boss CS-3 Compression Sustainer
-Gator G-Bus 8
-Xotic BB Preamp
Quote by Ibzman
Why would you look at Malmsteen's tabs ? That guy eats too much cheesecake and pizza anyway.
do they allow you to get on the internet if your in an insane asylum??? cuz this guy shouldnt be if they dont...
im assuming a "24th" note is 3 notes in the space of one 8th note

and yes they do let us use computers in the asylum
Whats wrong with eating cheesecake and pizza all day.

Guitar + that sounds like a good life to me.
My friend and I like to play a sped up version of Iron Man almost every time we play together. It's a fun warm up of sorts...
Bought for a few pennies
Now you're all just empty
Fucking soulless machines
RIP YOU APART!!!

-All Shall Perish

no boundaries i think is at 140 bpm with sweeping demi-semi-quaver-sextuplets.....ill check that later..

"The mind is its own place, and in itself

Can make a Heav'n of Hell, a Hell of Heav'n"

- John Milton, Paradise Lost
Quote by z4twenny

That's what I was thinking.
Of course, Hendrix famously shocked the living hell out of Eric Clapton with an up-tempo version of Howlin' Wolf's "Killing Floor"...seems a good route to go, really.
Quote by Ed O'Brien
“It’s not genius. It’s just that if you want something good to come out of something, you have to put in a lot of effort. That involves a lot of hard work, and a lot of blood, sweat and tears sometimes.”

http://urbanscarecrow.bandcamp.com/
I play petrucci's take on "flight of the bumblebee" in double time. No biggie.

But usually when I'm playing a classic rock song like from Led Zep I add in a bunch of stuff so the solo is more interesting(to me) live. I think most people except for strict cover/tribute bands do that.
Gear:
Inflatable Guitar
Digitech GSP 2101/Mosvalve 962/Yamaha S412V
My Imagination
Quote by hawking_hole
do they allow you to get on the internet if your in an insane asylum??? cuz this guy shouldnt be if they dont...
Should I be surprised comin' from a Yngwie lover ? I just don't like him. He does a pretty good job at mixing classical and instrumental metal but he gets boring very fast, using the same patterns over and over again. Lots of respect for his arpeggios from hell though.

Still, you're an asshole for talking to me like that. Go to hell.
My gear:
-Ibanez JS 6000 Custom w/ 11-48 gauge
-Ibanez FGM 400BB w/ 10-46 gauge
-Peavey 6505 2x12 Combo
-MXR Phase 90
-Boss DD-6 Digital Delay
-Morley Wah/Volume Pro Series II
-Boss CS-3 Compression Sustainer
-Gator G-Bus 8
-Xotic BB Preamp
Quote by z4twenny
Naw, that would be "12th notes." "24th" notes would be 16th note triplets.
Quote by bangoodcharlote
Naw, that would be "12th notes." "24th" notes would be 16th note triplets.

I think your both right. Your saying sixteenth triplets which are three notes in place of two sixteenths, but since two sixteenths are one eighth note, than there are three sixteenth note triplets ("24th notes") in the same time as one eighth note.

Using math we can determine that both are equal to "24th notes" hence why they are equal.

3 in the space of eight notes = 1/3 of 1/8 = (1/3)(1/8) = 1(1)/3(8) = 1/24
sixteenth triplets = 2/3 of 1/16 = (2/3)(1/16) = 2(1)/3(16) = 2/48 = 1/24
Last edited by isaac_bandits at Mar 14, 2008,