i need your opinion on this
do you you think a band thats influenced on the 80s would get signed by any of the f***** up record companies these days

and...

actually make it
Yes
Quote by powerhead
Mentallica, i think you just made my drive shank crank

Quote by beadhangingOne

You sir, are a true hero.

Quote by silversoulcage
Dude, seriously, you're an ass hole. That place where **** comes out, yea that's you man.
Maybe, maybe not

It really depends on how good the band is and what aspects of the 80's music they were influenced by
Random Metal-X fact:

Metal-X now sponsors: Blood Culprit!

"Ass Fuckingly Loud"

\m/^_^\m/ New Songs Up!!! \m/^_^\m/
Quote by gibson7192
it would be influenced by bands like guns n roses, motley crue

in that case no...
Dick+strings= owww
Why not?

You can be influenced by something and not sound the same

And what kind o '80's music anyways? 80's metal? 80's dance? There's a very wide spectrum there.

My answer - yes.
Quote by gibson7192
it would be influenced by bands like guns n roses, motley crue

Probably, but you would still have to spice it up with some modern music, just going complete 80's would screw you over
Quote by AgentWiggles
Thanks, douche.

Quote by SlayingDragons
Dude...

Gear:
Ibanez SZ 520QM
Ibanez RG 450DXB
Fender Big Apple Stratocaster
Pod XT Live
Peavey XXX Half Stack
Peavey Bandit 112
and a soul of Rock n' Roll
AAHHHH! So many people these days think that metal in the 80s is soooooo superior and to metal nowadays and that it was at its best. Although I LOVE bands like Metallica and Slayer, I disagree. So when a band who loooooooovvvveeeessssss Metallica (omg you ur like the only band who has stated them as a major influence) comes along and plays stuff that sounds like a B-Side from Kill 'Em All everyone starts ****ting and cumming themselves because its METAL AT ITS BEST AGAIN!!!!!!! No. Its not. 80s were KICKASS but theyre over, move on, dont bring back the past no matter how good it is. Just because you love thrash like 100s of thousands of others and play it, doesnt mean your original AT ALL.
i think modern metal doesnt have too much of a point. its not really as edgy and stuff as it used to be. its very gimmicky (much like hair metal and ugh ~shudders~ def leppard)
you have a good point
but if everybody thinks the 80s are kick ass then they would like the music, right
Quote by gibson7192
you have a good point
but if everybody thinks the 80s are kick ass then they would like the music, right

Its just like making a remake of a really good movie. It alwasy turns out like ****.