Hey
i have picked out the pickups i wanted to replace on my epi les paul. now i know most of you will tell me to upgrade to a gibson or something but this guitar you cant seperate me from, its just made for me. plus i like how epiphones have a more mid-bass sound to them.
anyway, because epiphone usually sticks in shotty electronics in their guitars, i was thinking of replacing the whole set of guts in it. pickups, pots, caps, toggle switches.
i was wondering if i could have suggestions for types of pots and caps for my les paul. also i am having a hard time deciding between a sh-4 and a sh-5 for a bridge pickup.
thanks alot for your help
Quote by thebroken
No, but one time satan came out of my air vent and started playing death metal. That, or I should stop drinking.
Quote by ShredGod George
tell a doctor, the pit'll have you putting icyhot on your penis before the nights over
I'm actually picking up my Epi Lp with new pick-ups tommorow. I put an sh-2 in the neck and an sh-5 in the bridge, it really comes down to how much more metal you play, if you play more so in the metal genre or heavy rock the sh-5 is the one to go for.

Epiphone Les Paul Standard Plus-Top, SH-2 and SH-5
Ibanez GRX20
Baron Acoustic
Peavey Valveking 112
Roland Cube 15
Dunlop Crybaby From Hell
Dunlop GCB-95 Crybaby
Boss MT-2 Metal Zone
Boss PH-3 Phase Shifter
Boss BF-3 Flanger
The guts in epis is pretty shoddy and many times doesnt last long anyways. So no wont hurt to replace it. 500k cts pots are good. And I like the orange drop caps bit more expensive tho. And the pickup switch doent like to last long. Give you a chance to fix the output jack that always seems to come loose on epis.