ok im gonna buy some pedals (a crybaby and boss ds-1), and i have a noob question about pedals. what is this "adapter?" do i need to buy an adapter to power pedals up?? or can i just plug it like this: guitar--pedal--pedal--amp

oh yeah also would it be wierd to have different brands of guitar cables, like could i mix them up between the guitar, pedals, and amp. or would it mess up the sound.
Last edited by DubCity at Mar 13, 2008,
i have 2 different kinds of cables running through my stuff so it shouldnt but im not certain

and i think the adaptor is the cable running to a power outlet to make it work, but i have a BOSS DS-1 and i just use batteries for it, they actually dont die as quickly as with other pedals
I breathe air.
u can use a 9v battery or an adaptor, the adaptor will save u money in the long run.

u can mix cable brands.
Sincerely,
Shitstirrer
an adapter just allows you to plug in your pedals directly to a wall outlet, so that you dont have to use a 9V battery, it also means that you will always have full power to your pedals and the power will not weaken.

Different cables should not affect your sound, but linking good quality cables to not as good quality will probably affect your sound somewhat.

Epiphone Les Paul Standard Plus-Top, SH-2 and SH-5
Ibanez GRX20
Baron Acoustic
Peavey Valveking 112
Roland Cube 15
Dunlop Crybaby From Hell
Dunlop GCB-95 Crybaby
Boss MT-2 Metal Zone
Boss PH-3 Phase Shifter
Boss BF-3 Flanger
Well you either have to use a battery or an adapter to power the pedals. Brands of cables don't matter. Quality will affect the sound but not brand. Also, have you tried these pedals out yet? Some people like them but the vast majority don't and will only use modified versions if at all. It might be worth doing some more research before you buy anything.
...to give your love no matter what is what she said...
alright thanks for the tips guys
and also, i have not tried the pedals yet, i will probably research more better distortion and wah pedals
Quote by DubCity
alright thanks for the tips guys
and also, i have not tried the pedals yet, i will probably research more better distortion and wah pedals

The original crybaby is terrible. If you insist on going with Dunlop, the only ones worth looking at are the Crybaby from Hell and the 535Q. The unmodded DS-1 is almost as bad.
Someones knowledge of guitar companies spelling determines what amps you can own. Really smart people can own things like Framus because they sound like they might be spelled with a "y" but they aren't.
Quote by Archeo Avis
The unmodded DS-1 is almost as bad.

True, however a Monte Allum modded DS-1 is amazing.
Ibanez SZ 320MH >> Vox V487 >> Barber LTD >> MI Audio Neo-Fuzz >> Peavey Bandit 112