Im happy with the bridge and middle evolution pickups, but the neck just sucks ALL the treble out of your tone. The only time it sounds good is with a ton of gain, shred stuff.

My idea of a neck pickup isnt for that, but for getting a slightly less output, but sweeter sounding tone.

Would a PAF Pro be better?
Ibanez Jem 777BK, Carvin DC727, Fender MIM Strat
Mesa Boogie DC5
Xotic BB Preamp, Ts9, BBE GS, Boss DD-6
Weber Mass
Morley Bad Horsie 2
Ask me any questions about my gear!
I like PAF Pro in mahogany and Air Norton in basswood. Since you like Joe Satch why not try PAF Joe or Fred?
No man is your friend, no man is your enemy, but every man is your teacher.

When he asked for John Myung, John Myung said:"Who the hell is John Myung?"

Proud User of Ibanez, Korg, Rocktron, ENGL
Pearly Gates in the neck man, I love it. Nice and clean then kick it up and it responds real well
2003 Music Man Axis Pacific Blue Burst
Hopefully the warranty on The pickup is still there.

what is it, like 60 days?

I remember seeing a thing on the cover, if youre not satisfied in 60 days, blah blah
Ibanez Jem 777BK, Carvin DC727, Fender MIM Strat
Mesa Boogie DC5
Xotic BB Preamp, Ts9, BBE GS, Boss DD-6
Weber Mass
Morley Bad Horsie 2
Ask me any questions about my gear!
Try a PAF Pro...PAF Joe...or a Super 2 maybe?
G&L Legacy
Gibson SG Standard
Ibanez RG20thDY
Ibanez RG25thFP
Agile Septor Elite 727
Fender Evil Twin / Mesa 412
EVH 5150 III Mini / Avatar 212

Neck pickups, particularly humbuckers, DO suck treble by virtue of being in the neck position where there's more low frequencies being generated. The Evo is about as bright as you'll get for a neck pickup - neck models are tend to be voiced with MORE treble than their bridge counterparts to compensate for the naturall bassiness.

Basically your idea of a neck pickup is wrong - you'd probably be better served sticking a series/parallel switch on your bridge pickup. Having said that the Evo IS an out and out shred pickup, I don't know what you were expecting from it. The Paf Joe is maybe worth a look, possibly even the Humbucker from Hell although I think you'll struggle to balance it with an Evo in the bridge. If you want a lower output, sweeter sound you're better off simply using pickup positions that will deliver rather than trying to turn the neck pickup into something it isn't.
Actually called Mark!

Quote by TNfootballfan62
People with a duck for their avatar always give good advice.

...it's a seagull

Quote by Dave_Mc
i wanna see a clip of a recto buying some groceries.

stuffmycatswatchontv.tumblr.com
Last edited by steven seagull at Mar 14, 2008,