After living for 18 years, the springs on my Jackson have finally stretched out, making the tuning stability horrible.

I have some new springs to attach to it, but I'm having some trouble taking the springs off of the back of the tremolo, getting it off the claw's not a problem but getting it out of the tremolo is.

So is it meant to be difficult for the springs to come out on an ORIGINAL Floyd Rose Tremolo?
Shouldn't be that hard I think. I've never done it but you can take a pencil or the backplate and "block" (right word I hope) the saddle and then loosen the two pivot screws until you can pop the springs out. I did it with a Fender once but that's way different.
No man is your friend, no man is your enemy, but every man is your teacher.

When he asked for John Myung, John Myung said:"Who the hell is John Myung?"

Proud User of Ibanez, Korg, Rocktron, ENGL
My bad wrong part. I just realized that... I meant the two screws in the cavity, um old springs should be easy to pop out after you loosen those screws quite a bit.

Yea that's what I meant, the three springs in the cavity that goes in the holes of the trem block right?

take a needle nose pliers and pull them out, thats what i did.
Gear:

Ibanez RGT42DX
Boss MT-2
use ur left hand to hold down the middle of the spring while using a small pair of pliers to grab the spring and slowly remove it. wiggle it around abit while slowly removing it.
Sincerely,
Shitstirrer
If it's worn out then pulling it out shouldn't be too hard. Make sure to abuse your new springs though.

Quote by JustinT80
take a needle nose pliers and pull them out, thats what i did.

do that, it works for me
and if it is still hard try loosening the screws in the claw so the springs to give you less resistance
Gear:
LTD MH-1000
Ibanez RG350EX
ibanez GSA60
Line 6 Spider III 30W
Peavey ValveKing 112
Boss GE-7 EQ
Electro-Harmonix Small Clone Chorus
Digitech RP350
just give them a good pull with the needle nose pliers, and put something soft between them and the guitar, especially when replacing them... no-one wants a huge gash in the back of their guitar.