I currently own a fender fm25 dsp amp which i think is absolute crap, i was
planning on selling it and buying a vox pathfinder 10 i only need it for practising in
my bedroom and the fender seems to be a little loud and sounds like crap.

I wanted to know if this is a good idea or if there is anything for the same price as the vox which is better quality?
id say go for the vox but id rather have something tube so maybe the fender blues jr??
Selling one SS practice amp for another is kinda silly. I'd save up for something nice. If the FM is really that bad, look at a Roland Microcube, or perhaps a small Vox Valvetronix.
There are several good $200 USD tube combos, but if you need solid state try Peavey Transtubes, second choice Roland Cubes.
Guys, seriously, most tube combos are way too loud for bedroom practice. Even 5-15 watts can be ridiculously loud when you have to take into account the fact that other people are living with/around you. I would go with the Vox. and save up for a tube to use for band practice/gigs.
Thanks for the help, im probably going to get the vox for practise, then i'll save up for a tube amp for band practise. Also it echo's in my room and the amp sounds louder than what it actually is, i think a 5 to 15 watt tube amp would be way to loud. =]
Valve amps have volume control. I have a 30 watt valve amp i use primarily for bedroom practice and it does indeed have volume controls that allow me to play quietly..

Epi VJ
Blackheart
Peavey Nano Valve
Vox Valvetronix
Roland Cube30/60/Microcube

etc.
Quote by colin617
Guys, seriously, most tube combos are way too loud for bedroom practice. Even 5-15 watts can be ridiculously loud when you have to take into account the fact that other people are living with/around you. I would go with the Vox. and save up for a tube to use for band practice/gigs.

I use my TT in my appartment. it CAN be waaaay to loud, but just because it's a tube amp it doesn't mean you HAVE to crank it. I'd play a non-cranked tube amp over a SS amp myself, and I'm guessing alot of other people would too.
Another thing to keep in mind is that i only have $150 australian which is the exact price of the vox, i cant get anymore money to put towards an amp due to spending close to two thousand dollars on guitars, and then i need money for other things besides guitar.
Quote by sexytime_69
Another thing to keep in mind is that i only have $150 australian which is the exact price of the vox, i cant get anymore money to put towards an amp due to spending close to two thousand dollars on guitars, and then i need money for other things besides guitar.
You are talking (and thinking) like a child here. Grow a little, eh?

Quote by sexytime_69
Thanks for the help, im probably going to get the vox for practise, then i'll save up for a tube amp for band practise. Also it echo's in my room and the amp sounds louder than what it actually is, i think a 5 to 15 watt tube amp would be way to loud. =]
1 - Keep the amp you have NOW for practice in your room.

2 - SAVE until you have enough to buy a proper amp for practicing with your band. Then buy.

3 - Save again, to buy a new amp to replace your Frontman. (and sell the FM for $)

4 - ?????????

5 - PROFIT!!!
Meadows
Quote by Jackal58
I release my inner liberal every morning when I take a shit.
Quote by SK8RDUDE411
I wont be like those jerks who dedicate their beliefs to logic and reaosn.
Buying something that you have to sell later on is a waste of money. That's why you do like me, you buy a high wattage tube amp, that you use for every situation; room practise, band practise/playing with friends and gigging.
So far I've only used it for the first two situations.
Quote by A Certain Death
my mum is a retard
Quote by SomeoneYouKnew
You are talking (and thinking) like a child here. Grow a little, eh?

1 - Keep the amp you have NOW for practice in your room.

2 - SAVE until you have enough to buy a proper amp for practicing with your band. Then buy.

3 - Save again, to buy a new amp to replace your Frontman. (and sell the FM for $)

4 - ?????????

5 - PROFIT!!!

Isnt that basicly doing the same thing but the other way around? anyway its gonna take at least a year to a year and a half until i can get a proper amp for band practise, if i can sell my amp now for profit get the vox for practise, then i already have my practise amp, then i'll have the profit from my old amp to put towards getting my amp for band practise which will reduce the amount of time i have to wait to get it.