What wood do they use for epiphone les pauls?
I heard that pre-2006 or something like that, they used a mahogany/alder mix but now they use pure mahogany
Is that right?
What is the wood quality of epi lp's?
be careful....some Epiphones...lower end ones say they are made of Mahogany but its really a Mahogany plywood...

500 plus and the Elitist series are possibly the closest to Gibson.
However the Epiphone Les Paul Standard for about 450 is a decent but
Rocking the free world one step at a time!
Yeah i have the black beauty and i was wondering cuz i read bout the woods on some thread..
So my guitar would be totally mahogany cuz it was made in 2007 right?
Last edited by hell_monkey at Mar 14, 2008,
I have an LP Standard and according to the stores webpage it's alder, but according to Epiphones it's mahogany. Made in January 07. Wich is it?
Quote by HomerSGR
I have an LP Standard and according to the stores webpage it's alder, but according to Epiphones it's mahogany. Made in January 07. Wich is it?

Its Mahogany...dont worry about it dude...you would know if it was alder by weight and the warmth of the sound you get from the guitar
Rocking the free world one step at a time!
so, '06 is alder? mine's still much warmer than my strat or my g- 310 (both made of alder).
Current Gear:
LTD MH-400
PRS SE Custom 24 (Suhr SSH+/SSV)
Ibanez RG3120 Prestige (Dimarzio Titans)
Squier Vintage Modified 70s Jazz V
Audient iD22 interface
Peavey Revalver 4, UAD Friedman BE100/DS40
Adam S3A monitors
Quote by Anonden
You CAN play anything with anything....but some guitars sound right for some things, and not for others. Single coils sound retarded for metal, though those who are apeshit about harpsichord probably beg to differ.