forgot to say that i'm talking about tube amps, not solid state but aside fromt that the title basically asks the question...
"There's Jimmy Page, the greatest thief of American black music who ever walked the earth."
-Homer Simpson
Last edited by blues-guitarist at Mar 14, 2008,
The speaker makes a difference, mainly the size of the speaker (for amount of air being pushed etc.) and are you talking about the perceived volume, or the actual db rating?
Quote by Kid_Thorazine
not a whole lot, the main difference is clean headroom.

sorry for the ignorance but, what's clean headroom?
"There's Jimmy Page, the greatest thief of American black music who ever walked the earth."
-Homer Simpson
Quote by last_biscuit
The speaker makes a difference, mainly the size of the speaker (for amount of air being pushed etc.) and are you talking about the perceived volume, or the actual db rating?

the perceived volume
-Homer Simpson
Quote by blues-guitarist
sorry for the ignorance but, what's clean headroom?

how loud the amp can get before it starts breaking up.
make Industrial and/or experimental electronic music? Join my group!

Last.fm
Quote by blues-guitarist
the perceived volume

That would vary on how close you are standing, and on how big the room this test is taking place in then.

Also, if you wanna be even more precise, the height you're standing (if you are standing right next to the amp, but your head is a few feet above the speaker, you will get a much different sound to if you were raising the speaker into the air to be level with your head at the same distance.
20 watts

/thread
Quote by last_biscuit
That would vary on how close you are standing, and on how big the room this test is taking place in then.

Also, if you wanna be even more precise, the height you're standing (if you are standing right next to the amp, but your head is a few feet above the speaker, you will get a much different sound to if you were raising the speaker into the air to be level with your head at the same distance.

Yes, the volume will be greatly impacted on the things biscuit described, it would also depend on where the amp is facing relative to yourself.
Got a question about Baritone guitars? Feel free to PM me.

Thanks to UG, I converted from Metalcore to some "real" Metal.